07 - New Moon P4 / Eclipse P1

I'll probably be updating this one every 3/4 days, depending on how much I have written and stuff :) feed back is always welcome!

Charlie feels his phone vibrate, frowning as he sees an unfamiliar number. "Chief Swan, how can-"

"Charlie, its Embry. You... You need to come home." Embry says in a shaky voice, sitting on the front steps of the house, running a hand through his hair.

"Why? Why are you at my house, Call?" Charlie sets his beer down and slowly stands. Billy, Sue and Sam, those closest, all look up as he does. "Blake went h... Blake. What's happened?" Charlie's stomach drops.

Sam is already grabbing Charlie's keys, since he's had a few beers. "She was upset.. I followed her home and - and she wasn't answering. Alice Cullen, she knew something wasn't right and we broke in. Blake... Blake overdosed, Charlie." Embry's voice breaks on the last sentence. His friend, a friend he was so shit to, couldn't bare the life she had and tried to end it. He feels responsible.

Charlie's world comes crashing down and he drops the phone. Sue instantly stands and wraps an arm around him. "Charlie!?"

"Blake... Blake, she..." He chokes on his words.

Sam is already on the phone with Embry, his stomach dropping. "I'm so sorry, Charlie, I'll drive you home."

Billy frowns deeply. "Someone tell us what's going on!"

All the quileute boys look over, even Jake. "Blake overdosed." Sam says quietly. Jacob drops his glass and takes off running, phasing just outside and bolting towards the house.

No no no, B, how could you be so stupid!? He howls loudly as he runs.

Charlie feels numb as Sam drives him home, his hands not stopping shaking the entire time. His baby... His baby hurt herself and he didn't see the pain that caused it. He's already out of car as Sam parks up, running past Embry. He sees Carlisle Cullen stood up stairs; though he's confused, he feels relief flood through him that she's got proper medical attention.

"Charlie, she's okay." Carlisle says gently, stopping the man from rushing into the room.

"T-Thats my baby, let me in!" He whispers, choking on a sob.

Carlisle keeps a hand on his arm. "Charlie, take a moment. I promise, she's okay. Alice did exactly the right thing, her and Embry got to her in time. But you need to calm down."

Charlie falls to his knees and cries, Carlisle silently placing a hand on the man's shoulder. After a moment, Charlie composes himself and slowly stands, looking at Carlisle. He silently hugs him for a second or two, Carlisle giving a small smile as he pats the man's back, before Charlie walks in.

Blake is asleep, Alice sat beside her on the floor with her knees tucked to her chest and her back against the side table. She looks up as Charlie enters and takes a deep breath, kissing Blake's hand before placing it over her tummy with the other. She smiles small at Charlie, about to slip past.

"Alice?" Charlie calls gently. Alice stops and looks over. "Thank you..."

"No problem. Tell her I'll be by soon, okay?" Alice whispers.

Charlie nods small. "Oh, Alice?" She looks over again. "Spread the word. No one tell Bella."

-

Blake slowly wakes, unsure of where she is or what happened. At first she's confused due to the IV in her hand, but she isn't in a hospital. But she hears talking, two familiar voices.

"How is she?" Her dad asks in a weak voice.

"Like I said the last few times, she's good. Sleeping it off." Carlisle says. Doctor Cullen is here? Are they all back?