09 - Eclipse: Part Three

Blake waits by the jeep for Alice, watching the sun try to come out from behind the thick grey clouds but not having much luck. She looks up as the door opens, expecting to see Alice; of course, it isn't her - it's her darling sister. 

Bella frowns deeply, freezing on the step she's on. "Blake..."

"Hey, Iz." She smiles gently, her heart in her throat. Jesus, Alice, where are you!?

Bella looks at her mate for a moment but he keeps his expression blank. "I didn't know you were home..."

"Just got back today. I'm, uh, sorry I didn't write. Wasn't much time, but I did tell dad to say hi. And congratulations on graduating." Blake smiles a little, trying to make it less awkward.

Bella's frown slowly turns to an angry scowl. "Wasn't enough time, huh. You couldn't be bothered more like."

"Did you ever write to me, Bella?" Blake asks calmly. "All you had to do was ask dad for the address, or as him to send a letter with his. I do deserve an apology."

"Apology?" Bella scoffs. "For you being a bitch?"

Blake frowns deeply; is that how Bella see's her? "Bells... the last time we spoke, well..." She takes a deep breath, looking at the ground. "You told me it was likely my fault Edward left you. And that no one wanted me."

"I wouldn't say... I... I don't remember that..." Bella whispers. It was understandable, in one way, due to the stress she was under - the not remembering part. But the words she said? Nothing can excuse that. "B, I'm-"

"Sorry? You don't mean it. So please don't say that unless you do. That word has no meaning to me anymore." Blake says calmly. How is she so calm? Maybe because she can just imagine the look on Flynn's face if she told him she forgot everything he'd taught her. 

Alice comes out and realises the scene. "Shoot... Let's go, B, Em is on his way anyways." Alice jogs over as she unlocks the car.

"Em? Who's that? Why can't you stay and talk to your own goddamn sister?" Bella yells.

"Talking was for 4 months ago when you said those things. Talking was for when we moved here, those times you promised we'd hang and chose Edward or Jacob. Talking? We are past that." Blake says, growing angry.

Alice hears her heartrate spike even more, notices the heave of her chest even more. "Blake. Car. Now." She steps in her viewline. "B. Come on, you're okay."

Blake takes a shaky breath and turns, climbing into the jeep. Alice closes the door for her and quickly climbs in, too, driving away. Blake glances at Bella and Edward, but they're already gone. She takes a shaky breath. "S-She doesn't even remember half of it."

"Bella doesn't know how to prioritize things." Alice says sternly. She will be having words with Bella soon, no matter what her brother says, for this is out of line. The things Bella put Blake through are unforgivable - how can doctor Flynn even ask that of Blake?

Back at the house, Bella is storming to find Carlisle. "What did Blake want?" She demands.

"That is between Blake and I, Bella, I'm sorry." Carlisle says, looking up from the computer with a small smile.

"I am so sick of everyone keeping secrets from me!" Bella yells, storming downstairs to Edwards room, slamming the door.

Edward glares at his father. "You, too? Really? Princess Blake gets her own way with-"

"Blake overdosed on painkillers 4 months ago. She got out of a rehab facility less than 6 hours ago - watch what you say about her." Carlisle hisses, glaring at his son. "Now you do not tell Bella a thing because it is partly due to her actions that Blake made such a decision. She will talk to Bella when she is ready and until then you keep your mouth shut!"