6 - Entrance Exam

A/N Mini rant Wattpad says it accepts PNG images but it's only taking JPEGs t so I can't put the images I want to put (last chapter there was a cool Minecraft version of UA that I had wanted to include and for this one I wanted to put the image of Aoyama looking in the camera with the destroyed machines behind him, but oh well). Back to the story!

I darted through the crowd as the first villains approached us. Choosing my first knife, I carefully slashed wires so as to put them out of commission, for that is a machine's biggest weakness.

For the one and two pointers, it wasn't too hard for me to get the knife into the crack of their neck, joints or the cameras on their "face". The three-pointers were a little tougher though, so I opted to fight them only if necessary, racking up points by taking down several lower fake villains.

Everyone was doing quite well until the obstacle showed up. Glasses man had questioned this robot during the explanation, and Present Mic said we should just avoid it because it was worth zero points.

Everyone started running. Those who fell were not helped but trampled. Some even got stuck under the rubble. Some heroes they were. I doubted many would pass.

I approached this threat carefully. It was time to make a name for myself. It was huge, sure, but far less agile than the other ones. Upon further examination, where it's head sprouted from its body there was a hole big enough for a human to fit through. Yeah, this would be fun.

I prepared myself for the parkour ahead. Weapons weren't the only thing that I learned while underground, and there were more training rooms than just the weaponry.

I had no movement quirks. No tricks. No one helping me. This was purely the result of the fruits of ten months of isolated training.

I leapt from one precarious rock to the neck, moving quickly as they crumbled beneath me. As it prepared to attack, I was forced to dodge. Slowly, I felt eyes turn upon me.

I lost some knives along the way throwing or shoving them into buildings and otherwise for more footholds. I was high enough that if I made a mistake I would likely die, or at the very least be severely injured.

The thrill was amazing.

I made my last leap and successfully launched myself towards the hole near its throat. Falling inside, I discovered a mass of weak points, but which one to choose from? If I cut the wrong wire, it could end disastrously. I cackled maliciously. Why not sever all of them?

I realized that was a very bad idea only after the deed had been done. I was trapped in a metal container with sparks flying everywhere. Who knew how much voltage this thing took. Probably enough to kill any normal human. Although I guess I didn't really categorize as normal anymore.

The second problem I was facing was that this thing was falling, fast. I scrambled up the side hoping to escape from whence I came, and as I reached the top I saw how quickly the ground was approaching. There was nothing to it; I jumped.

I tried to think of ways to break my fall. The ground wasn't exactly even anymore; spikes of pavement jutted up everywhere. Luckily, I was saved by another girl, one who I had noticed trying to calm her nerves before the exam began. She slapped me across the face and activated her quirk, defying gravity and slowly lowering me to the ground.

"Thanks," I huffed.

"No... problem..." she panted. She then proceeded to throw up.

Just then, Present Mic shouted: "TIME'S UP!!!!!!!!!!!"

I sighed and dusted myself off. I was fairly confident in my performance.

Recovery Girl started passing out gummies and healing those who needed it. I examined my own body; I seemed relatively fine. Better than I would have expected, even. I had some bruises and scratches, along with a twisted ankle, but nothing major. I mean, sure, I had been electrocuted a few times, but I still had my wits about me so I was fine. The only thing that was really bugging me was Mr. Four-Eyes who was still staring at me. He seemed to be contemplating something.

A few kids had to be taken to the nurse's office, but the others were free to head home. Kurogiri would be picking me up soon, so I headed for the front entranceway, where I saw the last person I had expected to see.

My mother.

Word count: 694

A/N                                                                                                                                                                   

Sorry the chapters are always so short! I'm trying to balance writing with everything else going on in my life and keep the chapters coming out consistently. Hope you will stick around to see how the story develops!

As always, thank you for reading! Love you all! 💓