8 - Quirk Assessment

↑ Aizawa is such a mood though 

I slipped into the 1-A classroom while I noticed Four-Eyes arguing with Kacchan just because he had his feet on his desk, which was completely normal from him.

Glasses noticed me enter and marched towards me. "Good morning! My name is Iida Tenya from..."

"Somei Private academy right?" I finished having heard it when he was yelling at Bakugou. Then I put on a fake smile. After all, it would be easier to glean secrets for All for One if I gained trust first. "Oh sorry! That was pretentious of me, I swear I didn't mean anything by it! I just heard you talking and well... I'm Midoriya Izuku. It's very nice to meet you."

"Oh hey! I remember you!" A voice said from behind me. "You're that falling boy!" I turned around to see the girl who had used her quirk to help me during the exam. "It's nice to formally meet you. My name is Uraraka Ochaco!"

"Stop socializing. If you came here to make friends then you can just go home." A voice said from outside the classroom. We all jumped back to see a giant yellow caterpillar staring at us.

What is that thing? I could tell I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Slowly, the cocoon unzipped itself and we realized it was our teacher in a sleeping bag.

"That took you all a whole eight seconds to shut up. Longer than it should take. Time is precious, you know. My name is Aizawa Shouta. I'm your homeroom teacher for the year. Well, let's jump right into it then," he pulled a tracksuit from his sleeping bag. "Put these on and head outside."

We all changed in the changing rooms and met Aizawa-sensei out on the field where he explained how he would be assessing our quirks. Since Kacchan came in first at the entrance exam he pulled him up for a demonstration. He started by asking him his farthest distance throw from junior high, 67m, then asked him to throw a softball while using his quirk. We were all amazed when he got 705m.

Everyone started talking about how much fun this would be, but Aizawa-sensei didn't seem impressed by our reaction. "If I were you, I would take this seriously. This will be a competition. Whoever comes in last will be expelled."

I raised my hand. "Aizawa-sensei, I got to admit, I feel targeted," I said slyly.

"That's because you are," was his reply. "Now all of you, get to work."

I acted calm and confident, but I was sweating on the inside. Not only that, I was filled with rage. This was the second pro to basically tell me flat out that I was unqualified. I shook with anger. No matter what happened, I had to pass this test.

A few students looked my way curiously, but none of them understood my situation. No one other than Kacchan anyway, and he would love to see me go. The others protested that this test was hardly fair, but Aizawa-sensei would have none of it. He gave a speech about how the world was hardly fair, and everyone quieted down.

First test: 50m dash.

Overall, I was fairly confident in my athletic abilities, but without a quirk, I was at a heavy disadvantage. Just about everyone found a way they could augment their speed with their quirk, while I was stuck with a good old fashion sprint. My time was just under seven seconds.

Test 2: Grip strength.

I always practiced this around the house, so I suppose I wasn't horrible at it. But then, there was Shoji, at 540kg...

Test 3: Standing long jump.

Test 4: Repeated side steps.

Test 5: Ball throw.

Test 6: Sit-ups

Test 7: Seated toe-touch

Test 8: Long distance run

After embarrassing myself in tests 3, 4, and 5, I did decently in 6, 7, and 8. Abs was easy; for the last ten months, I had been doing them almost every day. Flexibility came with always stretching after training, and although I didn't get outside very much there was a treadmill in the basement on which I ran frequently. I was quite satisfied when I outpaced some of the students with quirks in these tests, but I was a little bit worried. Once all of my results were tallied, would I manage to scrape by and stay, or would I get expelled?

Word count: 718

A/N

I have a project that's like three weeks overdue, so what am I doing? Ignoring it. Writing is way more fun anyway.

Thank you for reading! It really means a lot to me! Love you all! 💓