Chapter 2

I heard something knocking against the wall; I stirred and opened my eyes to the darkness of the room; I panicked and started thinking where am I. Hearing Marylin's voice brought me back to the mansion and I responded to her.

I opened the door and switched on the light; I asked Aunt Mary, what is the time, she said my child it is 9pm. It is good that you have rested and come to have dinner with us. I asked, is Charlotte back home, she said no; it is normal when sir and madam are not home, she also rarely stays at home.

She asked me, Nancy are you comfortable, I said yes, why do you ask? Aunt replied no, you asked about Charlotte; I thought maybe you want to move to the room upstairs, really if I knew which room, I would have moved you myself and not wait for Missy I said it's okay aunt Mary, I love it here. She looked pleased and hugged me.

We had a chatty and noisy dinner with Aunt Mary, Harry and Julie with two other maids, Susan and Marsh. Susan and March have been working for the family for over 10 years.

Their families lived in the village, they stayed at the quarters in the mansion. As I got to know them while talking, both were grandmothers. They visited their children during festive seasons and was given a lot of gifts by Sir and Madam for their families. They seem to like working for Uncle and Aunt.

While sitting at the back terrace, talking with the family and seeping coffee, I nearly dozed off, a sudden gleam of light hit my face and I looked at the car park and saw a car light and heard lots of laughter and giggles, the front door, opened and closed, there was loud music, time was about 12.00pm.

I was thinking what now, who would they be with Charlotte. Aunt Mary warned me that the music will be very loud and my room is just near the hall, it will disturb me. I assured her it's okay.

We all said our byes and moved towards our rooms, suddenly there was a hiss sound behind me, asking me do you want to see them, I turned and so Harry and Julie starring at my face and giving me a smirk smile, I said no, they said come and pulled me towards steps going on top of the room I am allocated to.

It was so funny, literally I was joining Harry and Julie, to spy what's happening on the other side. Harry assured that no-one knows about the hideout and no one can see them from the hall. Since they are not allowed to join the family functions and parties, Harry and Julie seats on top and have their own peek.

Julie said you should see Jonathan, with his blonde girlfriends, he has his own taste of girls, he only chooses the blonde and white girls for his girlfriend. I whispered back, who is Jonathan, oh this morning, you heard two voices, Jonathan and his sister, they live in the next mansion, and they have a chain of industries and are very rich.

Jonathan runs the business with his father here and Janice his sister is attending college with Charlotte, they are best buddies, they will never let anyone come in between them, they are inseparable and spoiled.

We never go in front of them, our circle of friends is separate. I heard and kept quiet, probably I knew what I will be heading into. I don't have class, I am a simple daddy's girl, out to study and make a name for my dad and me.

The music was so loud that we stopped talking and just sat there watching them in the hall. There were four people, Charlotte, and another girl was sitting at the table drinking out of the bottle.

Janice and this guy with blonde hair, tall and very heavy built with muscles stood, with his back towards us, talking to another girl, very beautiful, white, with blonde hair, laughing and chatting away.

Harry whispered, pointing to the two girls, the girl with black dress and burgundy hair is Charlotte, beside her is Janice, she looked so pretty, with dimples and held herself elegantly. Janice is Jonathan's sister.