Chapter 5

On Sunday morning, I was getting dressed to go to church, Charlotte called me to join them, I said I will run late and will catch up with you at the church.

They left, and I continued to rush and get ready. After a while, Julie called out, and I hurried down to join them. We were on time for the service. We sat at our usual seats. I saw Harrison's family and Uncle Sam's family sitting in the middle of the church.

Uncle Sam kept on looking back anxiously. Once he saw me, he smiled and nodded, and I nodded back.

Before the service started, the pastors came on stage where the podium was placed, sat on the chairs neatly lined on the side.

All were seated, noises of the chatting and whispering were obvious. Suddenly the whole room was silent, from the side door an image appeared, he was making himself towards Harrison family, oh my god, I gasped to breathe; I saw Jonathan walking towards his parents; they got so excited to see him they jumped with joy and his father got up and shook hands with his son and said, welcome son.

Jonathan for the first time turned red, and smiled, looked around and sat down beside his father. He had a lovely family. Both parents looked lovely and warm, Janice with a lovely smile looked up at her brother and hugged him.

I heard Harry say praise the Lord, at last, he has come, then he told me that he stopped coming to church from when he was in his teens. Even the priest looked at him and pointed his hands towards the sky. It was great to see him there and I wondered how many girls will now go blonde.

Jonathan

After arriving home from camping, I was tired but I could not stop thinking about Nancy. It was fun to be around her, in fact in this one week, I have not contacted Lorraine. But I felt guilty and I owed an explanation of my behavior to Lorraine.

As the fact remains that the mutual agreement with our relationship was that there would be no strings tied and there will be no force from both of us into a relationship. With 2 years knowing Lorraine, she had come very close to me, and this would be the first time in history that I have lasted that long in a relationship with someone.

But about Nancy, something was different, when being with her, it seems we have known each other for long. There is an innocence in her, she has not stepped into the material world, she has no idea how cruel world can be and for some reason, I feel very protective towards her. Nancy is so sweet and amazingly she would be someone, I always want to be around with.

I got up early on Sunday and was just making my way towards Harry's quarters, I remembered they told me that they would go to church and so will Nancy.

Damn, I ran up and had a quick shower and headed off to the Church. I reach there at sharp 9am. Walked up, feeling excited and also tensed on the reactions I will receive. I was just there to be with Nancy. I want to sit beside her and talk to her.

I walked from the side door and saw dad, I said to myself, my hero here I come, your dreams for me coming to church is fulfilled. This girl Nancy has brought me to church. I saw everyone's eyes on me, I felt shy and nervous, I made my way to Dad, I could not see Nancy and I was too shy to look around for her.

But I felt so happy to see tears of joy in my mum's eyes, she could not believe that I was in church, she held my hand and cried. Dad was looking proud, this was the first time I saw them like this and I thanked Nancy in my heart, for bringing me to church.

Nancy

Prayers and sermon continued. Hymns were sung. There was an announcement for the choir group to stay back for a meeting and invited the church members, those who want to join the team. In the break during the session, Jonathan comes and meets us, shook our hands and greeted everyone.