Chapter 10

Next morning, I got up with a terrible headache, as I sulkily sunk myself into the bed, thinking "enough of working, I don't want to face Jonathan anymore. This is enough".

However, I am head over heels in love him, but his life style is so different, they are rich. I will never let him know that I love him.

My dad is a very simple man, he may not be able to bear the pain if something happens to me. When we lost my mum and I have seen him shattered and lonely, on top of that he had me to look after.

Dad went through financial hardships and is still financially unstable. The bread shop and the farm are not sufficient to cater for my university fees but yes, we had a decent meal every day.

That's why I worked my butts out in school to achieve high results for the scholarship. It took us a long time to get back and start living our life.

I, now was very determined to move away from here, to avoid Jonathan.

Straight after bath, I sent in my apologies not to continue as an intern in the firm.

I know Jonathan will not be happy about it but this will work better for both of us. I imagined Jonathan's behavior upon receiving this message, and I better be ready for it.

If I stay at uncle Sam's he will definitely come looking for me so I, decided to spend some time with Dad in the vacation. I quickly got up and rushed downstairs to Uncle Sam and told him that I wanted to spend time with Dad, he was delighted.

James dropped me at the bus stand, I knew James will tell Jonathan, so I told James not to mention to anyone that I have gone to the village.

I reached home; Dad was pleased to see me. He was in the backyard watering the vegetables. As he saw me emerge from the side of the house, his face lighted up, I ran straight into his arms and hugged him tight. Dad looked thinner and a bit weak from the last time I saw him. More white hair was shining and looked older but still handsome and yeah hard working.

He hugged and kissed me and was very happy to see me. He commented that I have put on bit of weight and if I am still jogging, I said, "no, I don't find time to do that, the studies are hard".

He turned, looked at me and said "Nancy, if you find it hard, you don't need to continue with it. I will be happy in anything you do. You know that my angel".

I smiled and said Dad, "I know and I will continue with this degree, it's just that some of the days are unbearable". He asked me about Uncle Sam and Aunt, I gave him the envelope which Uncle Sam gave and told him that they are fine.

The rest of the afternoon, we sat on the wooden deck on the swing, holding our cup of warm chocolate, sipping away, sharing our stories, laughing and joking.

Dad cooked dinner for me, we sat at the table and enjoyed the meal.

I kept my phone on silent, as I took a glance at the mobile, I saw Jonathan was calling me, he called numerous times and then he started texting.

Back in my room, I started checking the texts, he was just firing me with questions. Asking why I did not turn up to work. He declared that what all he said was serious and wants to hear from me what I felt.

He said he is not at home and will be back after two days. I did not reply to him and was glad that he did not find out that I was not at home.

Next morning, I insisted dad that I want to prepare breakfast for us and then we went to town for marketing.

The town folks greeted and said I looked different and beautiful. Dad answered them that my angel has been always beautiful. The people were still the same very warm and displayed hospitality however some ladies were curiously staring at me, I blushed and smiled back.