Chapter 13

Engagement ceremony was a private affair, organized by Harrison. Precisely immediate family members were invited to attend the function inclusive of some prominent businessman. None, of my relatives attended due to long distance traveling, and engagement was organized in a short notice.

Dad called to speak to his sisters, aunt Hannah and Aunt Rosy. Told them of the engagement. They warned dad to just be careful, due to our social status was up to Harrison. Dad assured to them that Jonathan is a nice boy, ideal to be his son-in-law.

I bought a lilac color evening gown with a bit of lace thrown on the neckline, revealing my cleavage and slender arms. The hairstylist and the makeup artist were hired by Mrs. Harrison.

At 7pm, I was taken down by Janice and Charlotte, accompanied by Julie to the main hall. Jonathan was already waiting for me.

Jonathan looked dashing in his suit, standing tall in white, looking ravishing with his blonde hair, his eyes caressing me in every way.

His lips looked dark pink as he ran his tongue on them, it captured my attention and ran chills in my spine. As my eyes were lingering all over him, Dad slipped his hand into my side holding my arms and whispered, "Nancy lets go." I was startled with a sudden whisper from Dad and he chuckled and smiled at me.

There was some sadness in dad's voice and eyes. His grey eyes looked tired since the discussion about the engagement, he has avoided looking into my eyes. I again asked "Dad is everything alright," he said "yes." I was worried about Dad and thought to myself that I will talk to him later.

I was waiting for Nancy to come down. Feeling excited and nervous at the same time a bit scared, what if Nancy changes her mind and tries to run away as she does in situations.

In view if these situations, I had placed a guard just outside the balcony and her room so that she does not even try to do it. James and Harry thought, I am crazy, in fact I am crazy but for her only. I gave a soft devil's laugh to myself.

For Nancy to say yes to marry me was a very huge achievement. Knowing Nancy, she is a very serious-minded person, and I know she does not have trust in me now, due to the lifestyle I have had previously. I will earn her trust and prove to her that she will not regret for the decision she has made.

I heard Janice and Charlotte saying something to the camera man. I looked up; my eyes got fixed on Nancy. She looked beautiful and stunning. The lilac gown fitted well on her body exposing the curves, her skin glowed.

Could not just tear away my eyes from her. My chest tightened, a warm sensation flowed in my body, I said to myself," oh man, she does not have a clue, how much I love her." I am shivering and a sweet pain rushing inside me.

Walking down the stairs with Janice and Charlotte, my eyes roamed around the hall, noticed few businessmen, around total of 50 people were in the hall.

The decorations were simple but very elegant. Tables were spread out with the color theme of white and purple. I did not dare to look at Jonathan as I am closer.

Standing beside Jonathan, my knees were shaking, I could feel the warmth of his shoulders on my neck. His perfume ran sensations within me, there is a slight pain in my stomach, I could hear my heart pounding heavily. I clenched my fists tightly, stood still, controlling myself.

Janice was the master of ceremony; she was quite good with it. I was amused and surprised at the activities, fun events and lots of wonderful memories of Jonathan was shared.

Every time, Janice exposed his naughty side of personality, Jonathan looked at me and winked, he was blushing and smiling.

Jonathan gave his speech, he unfolded the events of how we met, how he developed his feelings for me and made a decision to settle with me and share the journey of husband and wife. While he spoke, he nodded to Dad with respect and smiled at me.