Chapter 3

Three months have passed, the results for the first quarter was on the notice board, all rushed to see their results, I waited patiently with Harry and Julie to see our results.

I was smiling with tears in my eyes. My grades for the 3 units were A+, which is as per expected results. Later in the classroom, we were informed by our coordinators that we will meet our sponsors, they will want to shake hands personally with each student and students were told to prepare concert items for the event.

Everyone was excited, Julie filled in a form for Harry and me to perform a dance item, I was not really for the idea; it is a new environment, and I am the worst dancer. Julie was adamant to choreograph us, we started practicing session every day. Harry was very caring and saw that I was always at par with everything and with his group.

I ensured to call Dad and told him of my uni results; he was thrilled and said he will take time off and come and see me soon. Dad said he cannot travel early to attend the session with the sponsors.

Dad asked if I had advised uncle Sam of my results, I told him they were still out; he told me to take care of myself. I asked Aunt Mary to come with me since this was my first time in university and the support; they gave me these three months was tremendous and words alone was not good enough.

Aunt Mary was wowed when I asked her to accompany me to the sponsors meeting.

Seated in the academy hall, we had a good place to seat this time, just close to the stage where the sponsors were arranged to sit. I wore my best dress, daddy had sent over from the best shop in the village which was affordable to purchase, I was wearing mom's jewelries. I let my hair down, with a glowing look, hair pushed back from my face with few fringes hanging on the side of my face.

Harry told me under his breath, that I looked stunning. Girls at the university was giving me a smirk look and boys just stared and some smiled and nodded. I blushed on Harry's comment, Julie told me, Nancy you being noticed. I was feeling shy, my face reddened, I was definitely not a boy person; I did admire the masculine guys, yeah but stayed away from them.

Coming back from the past thoughts, we all rose when the sponsors entered the hall, the guests walked past us and sat on the stage, they had a very clear view of the students. My heart was beating fast, at the site of Jonathan, he was looking dashing, in the black suit, well shaved, red lips, and those eyes, does it all.

He was indeed of masculine built with broad shoulders, why would any girl not fall for him.

His eyes roamed in the crowd, mostly stopping at the sight of the blonde's and nodding with smiles. His eyes brushed over me once or twice but did not have the eye to eye contact. Why would he anyways.

I sat there silently waiting listening to speeches, introductions and the name calling started. I was in the third line, as my name was called, I walked up the stage, shook hands with the board of directors, introduced as the new girl in law with excellent grades.

The members of the sponsor board, committee and deans of the school all stood in one straight line, I walked to each person and shook hands and said thank you, I moved towards Jonathan, I could have fainted, the first time, his eyes locked to mine, a warm smile crossed his face, showing the white teeth, and his perfume, held ransomed to my nostrils.

He handed over the certificate and said Nancy Peters, Congratulation, he looked down on the certificate and again looked at me and shook hands and his eyes never left my eyes. I felt weak on my knees, this handsome guy looking at me and shaking hands, his hands were warm.

Jonathan

As Nancy Peters's name was called out, a thought stuck in my head, is this the girl, who stays at Uncle Sam's house. Marylin has never introduced me to her. I have been going to Charlotte's place in the morning and afternoon but we have not met yet.