Chapter 16

Families started arriving for the wedding, they had been accommodated in the outer houses on Harrison property and Uncle Sam had opened his outer house properties too, now the wedding was only a week away.

Anxiety kicked in and I was getting cold feet, final exams were scheduled in the same week of my wedding. Luckily, the exam timetable was released earlier and the final exam paper was scheduled just three days before the wedding function.

I focused on my studies and sat for the exams. Jonathan was busy with the preparations; James was assisting me with transportation to the college.

Harry, Janice, Julie, and Charlotte sat for their exams a week before my schedule. They were free, responsibilities were entrusted upon them for the wedding. Janice, Julie, Charlotte and one of Jonathan's cousin sister were to be my bride's maid. The colour of their gowns was chosen by Jonathan's mum, which is lavender in colour.

Jonathan took out time for Dad. He drove him around for fresh air.

The week was busy, event planners, caterers, beauticians were all around the place. They set tents up at the main house, so we travelled every day to the main house to check on work in progress.

The wedding program was outlined, the program included the wedding at church during the day, followed by the photo session, then a reception in the evening at Harrison Mansion. This was cool.

Jonathan's cousins made plans for the bachelor's party. They were all excited, they planned to organize the B's party in one of the outer houses.

Steve, Jonathan's cousin approached him and asked which day, Jonathan prefers to have this organized. To my surprise, Jonathan said no and told them that it is not necessary. His cousins kept on insisting him to have this function which would release his tensions and this party is once in a lifetime. As always, when he makes up his mind, he will stick to it, no matter what.

Just before the wedding night, we were at Harrison's house, most of the relatives had arrived. The checklists were revised by Harry and Jonathan. Jonathan's mom asked us to rest early so that we can rise early and make our way to the main house.

We returned to our apartment. Dad was feeling exhausted so he retired early to bed. Though he was tired but was very happy.

Jonathan and I retired to our rooms. I started to gather things that will be used tomorrow. The makeup and accessories bags were packed.

After a while Jonathan came to my room, we sat talking, joking and laughing about how things were organized and we laughed at how Marylyn was nervous and the elderly ladies were too much to handle. There was so much excitement within the families.

He slowly leaned towards me, held me close and lowered his lips to mine. I could feel his warm lips on my lips. Initial soft kisses became more sensuous and he was reaching deeper.

I was taken by surprise but I was responding to his kisses. He slid his hands on my back and pulled me closer to him. His lips caressed my neck, his warm breath was mesmerizing, the intimacy level was rising between us. I shivered and clung onto him. His hands moved all over me, I closed my eyes with pleasure.

I had no energy to stop him. He kept on saying, "Nancy, I miss you so much when I do not see you during the day, I will forever love you. This is love. What I feel for you. All of the other things I had worked for suddenly means nothing without you."

I replied to Jonathan, "that's exactly how I feel, everything that I was happy with before was empty when you did not see me the way you did. I missed those teasing and the desiring glances you gave me."

I kissed him, long and hard, with all the passion and love. He moaned with joy as he felt my hands on him. He slowly pulled away, looked at me, with his dreamy eyes sparkling dangerously, he was blushing, he picked me in his arms and laid me on the bed.