Chapter 8

The house was empty.; they had left for their vacation; I was alone. One evening, after I had my dinner with Aunt Mary, I retired to my room. I called Dad; we had a chat.

Dad asked me how I was doing. I replied to him that all is good, except I am worried about my results. He assured me I would be fine.

Dad was worried about how I am looking after myself and said he could not come and see me soon because of the bakery and the farm. I was emotional; I cried and told dad that I missed him so much. I told him I will come and see him soon.

Later in the night, I was surfing Facebook; I heard a soft knock on my door. I called out, who is there, Jonathan replied, it's me, Nancy, I asked him what do you want; he asked me to open the door; I did.

As the door opened, Nancy was standing at the door with small tights and t-shirt, she looked innocent, her hair was open, silk curls dangling down to her waist level, her nipples were visible on the T-shirt. I wanted to cuddle her in my arms and kiss her soft lips. But this was not the right time.

Jonathan was in his office clothes and was looking worried. I asked him what happened; he said he was just called by his Manager that one of the staff got injured at the factory, and he is going to meet him and the family.

He was hoping that his mum was home but she wasn't, Mum would have been a good support to the employee's wife, they have a 9 months old baby and this must be a devastating moment for the wife. Probably it would be hard for me to control her. I came looking for you since mum is not home As I looked at her, I am not sure of Nancy's response.

Jonathan said, will you be able to come with me. At first, I was not sure what to do or say but I said yes for the good deed. I prayed to god, to help me handle this situation.

I realized I was in my small tights and in a t-shirt without a bra. I excused myself, saying I need to change, he abruptly turned around facing the other way and said it's okay you can change, I will not look at you. Yeah, I thought, yeah right why would you, I'm not your type.

I quickly pulled up my jeans and wore my bra, and the t-shirt grabbed the jacket and was ready to go. By then Jonathan was walking out of the door and I ran after him.

As soon as we reached the accident sight, the worker was being held and put onto the stretcher, while holding him one of the men slipped with his handling, within a second, Jonathan rushed to his side and quickly held him, Jonathan's trousers and the front shirt was stained with blood.

He looked calm but worried and then the worker was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance. We followed the ambulance to the hospital where there was a group of doctors and nurses waiting for us. They rushed him inside the emergency room.

Jonathan exchanged few words with the doctors, they tapped on his shoulder, giving some surety.

He stepped back and lifted his hand and touched his head. I walked up to him, I knew he is going through a lot of stress and worry because of the injury and how the medical treatment will go.

I slid my hand into his hand and held it tight and said, all will go well, leave it to God and the doctors.

He looked at me, he gave me a smile and asked, are you okay, I replied yes, still holding my hand, he said we have to go to his house to advise the wife and bring her here if she wants to.

I asked him, has she not been advised, he replied the staff is waiting for him to tell the wife and assure her of his medical, and the rehabilitation program.

He explained that this employee has received some serious cuts on his arms and legs, he had lost a lot of blood because there was no one at the site at that point in time.