Chapter 5: He loves you

Taehyung stayed in the rented apartment, he doesn't want to go back to his parents yet, knowing they will just get worried about him. It would be better if he get alone for a while. He didn't fall asleep because of what happened. He was tired for some reason. He was just leaning his back on the wall, sitting down on the floor. It's a plain apartment only fit for a single person.

He turned his head on his right do de when he heard his phone ringing. He confusedly took his phone seeing Jimin, Jungkook's older step-brother calling him.

"Hyung?" Taehyung answered the call.

"Taehyung, can you please come back here? In Jungkook's house?"

Taehyung can hear Jimin begging him.

"I can't, I don't want to, hyung." Taehyung hugged his knees, biting his bottom lip to suppress his tears.

"Please, come back here, at least do it for me, Taehyung." Jimin cried with a hint of nervousness in his tone.

"He...he cheated on me, I saw it with both of my eyes." Taehyung's tears fell in his eyes.

"I don't know what happen but Jungkook was harming himself right now. He only wants you, we tried to talk to him but he's not interested in us. Please, Taehyung, you know Jungkook is the only family I have, I can't lose him too, Taehyung, I'm begging you." Jimin begged to hope Taehyung will listen.

"He's the one who's wrong here, hyung. He shouldn't have cheated on me, I love him so much, you know that." Taehyung cried gritting his teeth.

"He loves you too, I'm sure Jungkook has an explanation why he cheated or something. Please listen to him, give him a chance to explain. If he's the one who's fault here, I won't take his side, Tae." Jimin pleaded.

"Bu----"

"What the fuck!"

He heard Jimin scream and something was shattered.

"Jungkook! Please open the door! Tell us what's wrong! Namjoon hyung is here! Please talk to him!" Jimin was banging on the door.

Taehyung can hear someone trying to open the door and hit it.

"Try to look for a spare key now, Jimin!" It was Namjoon's voice and kicked the doorknob.

"Jungkook! Don't fucking kill yourself, bastard! Taehyung is coming now! Please just give us a moment!"

Another shattering sound echoed through the phone. Taehyung tugged his hair in frustration and shut his eyes tightly.

-----

In the end, Taehyung was in front of the door of Jungkook's/their room. He was hesitating to knock not knowing what to do. He sighed heavily before he knock and swallowed hard.

"Jungkook, it's me."

In a second, the door was opened, and saw Jungkook was standing in front of him with teary red and swollen eyes. But that doesn't catch Taehyung's attention but the blood on his wrist that dripped on the floor and some on Jungkook's white shirt.

"Hyung" Jungkook hugged him tightly.

The younger boy pulled him inside, closing the door behind them. Taehyung noticed the scattered bottles on the floor that Jungkook surely use to cut his wrist.

"What do you think you're doing?! Killing yourself?! Does it solve the problem, huh?! What's wrong with you, Jungkook?! Are you insane?!" Taehyung grumbled, slightly punching Jungkook's back.

It was weak since he was crying and he don't have enough energy. However, Jungkook didn't even bother to respond but hug him instead.

"Why are you doing this, Jungkook? When did you become this so stupid?" Taehyung sobbed on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry hyung, I-I don't know what to do when you left me like that." Jungkook muttered leaning his forehead on Taehyung's shoulder.

"And now you're blaming me, it was your fault, Jungkook!" Taehyung grumbled, fisting his hands on Jungkook's shirt.

The younger boy looks so pale, his lips were dry and his face was miserable.

"You should have listened to me, hyung, you know how much I love you. I can't cheat on you like that." Jungkook uttered weakly.

"Then tell me now! Tell me why did you do that?! I can't be wrong, Jungkook, I know it was you! I know I didn't mistake you with someone. I knew you very well, Jungkook. Explain now" Taehyung gritted his teeth while glaring at his husband.

He saw Jungkook swallow hard before looking at him. Their eyes met and Taehyung can tell the misery in the younger boy's eyes and the hesitance.

"I... I have... I have D---"

Before Jungkook can utter a proper word, he falls toward Taehyung. Taehyung luckily caught him and didn't fall to the ground.

"Jungkook, wake up, are you okay?" Taehyung was shocked because of what happened.

He didn't expect Jungkook will get unconscious just like that.

"Hyung! Please, call Jungkook's doctor! Jimin hyung! Namjoon hyung?! Help!" Taehyung screamed worriedly and laid down Jungkook on the bed.

-----

Jungkook's doctor, Min Yoongi arrived as Taehyung expected. He was watching Dr. Min curing the cuts on Jungkook's wrist.

"He got unconscious because of lack of sleep, overall, he's fine. The cuts weren't that deep to damage his veins." Yoongi stated.

"Thank you, hyung." Jimin uttered bowing his head.

"So, what's the problem? Why he tried to harm himself just like that?" Yoongi asked removing his stethoscope and glancing at Taehyung who was sitting beside Jungkook.

"It's nothing, hyung, I'm sure Taehyung and Jungkook will fix it." Jimin sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"Jungkook, he was about to tell something to me, hyung. What else I don't know about him?" Taehyung inquired Jimin but he was looking at Jungkook's unconscious.

He heard no response, he glanced at Jimin who was looking at Yoongi who shrugged off his shoulders.

"I don't think I can tell it to you, Taehyung. It's not me who should tell something about him." Jimin muttered looking down at the floor.

"You are his brother, why can't you just tell me, hyung? Tell me, what else was Jungkook hiding from me?!" Taehyung retorted with tears brimming in his eyes.

"Trust me, Tae, Jungkook has a reasonable reason why he did that stuff. You will understand him, don't worry, he's not betraying you. You know how much he loves you. He doesn't have any reason to cheat on you because you are the only person he truly loves. Trust him, please." Jimin explained.

Tears fell down Taehyung's eyes, what is it? Why Jungkook didn't tell him before?