Chapter 16: Doubt

Chapter 16: Doubt

The next day

Taehyung is in his car, driving by himself to go to Jungkook's company. He was going there to meet with new collaborators. He literally removed Hyunsuk as the shareholder with no thoughts, as if Hyunsuk wasn't some important person for the company's project.

Of course, it causes a ruckus because Hyunsuk isn't just someone who shares his money with the company but is also known in the business industry. Most of the board members found Taehyung's reckless decision hilarious and even doubted his knowledge of managing the company.

“Have you heard about the meeting earlier?” Namjoon spoke through the phone.

“Meeting? I don't know that they conduct a meeting without me.” Taehyung giggled while looking on his way.

“Yeah, because you are the topic.” Namjoon told him.

“No wonder why my ears are itchy.” Taehyung just laughed it out.

“They are doubting you and the things you can do for the company. They opposed your decision to remove Hyunsuk as a shareholder. I can say they are going to do something to eliminate you from your position as the CEO.” Namjoon explained.

“There's nothing to worry about that, I don't care whether they support me or not, their opinions don't matter to me.” Taehyung giggled.

“How will you solve this situation? You can't do the project if you don't have their support, they can take back their decision for the project if they want to.” Namjoon stated.

“Seriously, how many stupid people Jungkook had hired? I can't believe his standards are so low for his enormous company. Anyway, that doesn't matter to me, Jungkook will decide on that project, I'm just doing this to take Hyunsuk away from my husband. Just keep me updated if necessary.” Taehyung retorted.

“Okay, make sure your plans will work. You know, Hyunsuk isn't a kind of joke. He will do anything to get what he wants.” Namjoon reminded.

“Thank you for telling me, I will end this call now, I am near there.” Taehyung replied.

“Alright.”

Taehyung ended the call and poked his tongue in his inner cheeks. He hates the fact that useless people get involved in his plans. Seriously, all he wanted to do was to end Hyunsuk's obsession with his husband, but people meddling with him.

Like the car behind him who kept following him since the beginning. He is already annoyed by whoever the person was, and his annoyance is added because of the board members. If he just has a gun with him, he will surely shoot the driver, whether it's legal or not.

Suddenly, the stop light went green and Taehyung started to drive, but out of nowhere, a person popped in front of his car and crashed into his car. He abruptly stopped his car because of what happened.

“Shit” Taehyung cursed under his breath.

He was about to get out of his car to take a look if the person was okay. But when he opened the door, he saw the person he just hit suddenly become fine and stood up with a gun and bullets started shooting him back and forth. He ducked down, pulling the door of his car to close it again while the shooting kept on going.

He gets out of his seat to hide underneath and covered his ears due to the sound of bullets hitting his car and glass breaking. He hissed in pain because the shard of the broken glass hit his right hand.

He flinched when a huge rock was thrown into his car and suddenly, the shooting stopped.

Taehyung heard the siren of the police mobile, and he knew he was safe. The door of his car opened and saw the police with a gun.

“He's safe!” The police told the others.

“Sir, are you okay? Do you need help?”

“I'm fine, my hand is bleeding.” Taehyung responded to the police while going out of the car.

“Don't worry, sir, the medic will help you with that, but you have to come with us for interrogation.” The police stated.

“I understand.” Taehyung simply replied, trying to stop the blood by covering it with his sleeve.

“Medic! Please help him with his wound!” The police called the volunteer to help Taehyung out.

-----

“Taehyung”

The people in the police station were startled by Jungkook's voice. He saw Taehyung, sitting on the chair in front of the police's desk.

“Jungkookie” Taehyung gave him a smile to assure him that he was fine.

“Are you okay? I heard on the news that you got ambushed.” Jungkook rushed to Taehyung.

“I'm fine, I didn't get any serious damage, so you don't need to worry about me. Just a little wound in my hand.” Taehyung said, showing his hands covered with gauze.

Taehyung can clearly see that Jungkook was in a rage after seeing his wounded hand.

“Who did this to you?” He asked while gritting his teeth.

The police cleared his throat before he spoke.

“It is under investigation now, Mr. Jeon. We got a copy of their plate number and my team was tracking it down to check who owned the car that was driven by the suspects.” The police told Jungkook.

“How long will it take?” Jungkook inquired, looking at the police, who felt pressured by his stares.

“We can't tell you yet about that, Mr. Jeon, but we will promise you that we were going to hunt down the person who was behind the ambush. We will update you as soon as possible.” The police stated.

“Thank you, but can we go now? You already asked questions to me, is there anything you wanted to ask?” Taehyung uttered.

“Nothing, Mr. Kim Jeon, you can go now. Thank you for your time.” The police simply smiled at Taehyung.

“Let's go now, Jungkook.” Taehyung held Jungkook's hand, who somehow looked disappointed with something, yet he was obviously mad at the same time.

Jungkook just nodded his head, Taehyung stood up from his seat and followed Jungkook outside to talk to him about what caused him to be upset.