Chapter 1: Her

Jasmine's POV

Sup homies! I am Jasmine, your local geek. That's the best way to describe me, just kidding. I am 19, I just started attending some kind of art college. It's very rare and interesting nowadays but I love, LOVE learning and studying. I think only when you are responsible student, you can achieve great things. Another fun fact, I have never ever fallen in love with a guy. Yes, I have had an experience of guys crushing on me but I would always cancel every date possible. I have no time for dating, career first. Here is my little secret, my family is homophobic and that means having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people. They would always get suspicious just when I was hanging out with my childhood best friend. Life is full of surprises.

"Jasmine, Jasmine! Where are you this time?" I heard my mom yelling, great, just when about I was ready to study graphics. I got really into it. I am so passionate about art in every form, writing, designing, drawing, painting. Who cared about that my first year of college was over. I hate holidays, especially summer holidays. They are so boring, in Scotland, summer barely looks like summer.

"Mom, can you like not invade my privacy every single time?" She found me laying on my bed, chilling as usual.

"Jasmine, you lazy ass. Will you ever go outside and actually care about making new friends?" 

"Do I look like I find it as a priority?"

"Sweetie, I think we need to talk. You can't just learn all day every day. You need to move, c'mon. Who studies when it's holidays?"

"Listen up, I am an adult and I can manage my life by myself. Life like this suits me." Suddenly, my dad appeared with something, something I have been craving for months.

"Are you sure you don't want to move your butt after this?" He smirked, knowing I was looking at the family residence photo in his hand with mouth wide open. I always wanted to visit USA! I am ready to explore real world, I can't believe I am saying this!

Nashville, USA

I hate changes so much. Introverts find it hard to adapt to new places but I would be lying if I said that I didn't fall in love with american nature and culture! All of us have these moments, moments when you are just attracted like a magnet by your favorite country. Somehow, I could imagine living here. We live 20 km from the centre, so it's more like a village. So peaceful!

As it's usual for me, I go to local library every day at 3 pm and I am loving it so far. However, nothing special happened til one day...

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Robinson!" I greeted the librarian and immediately rushed to find new books, so I can become even more educated.

"Oh hello, Jasmine! It's really amazing to still see people like you, who rather use books instead of phones! You have to be really passionate about reading, I barely see someone visiting this library every single day!" Mrs. Robinson complimented me and I just smiled, dissapearing to the room full of books.

"What should I read today?" I was basically speaking with myself but I jumped when I realized I wasn't alone.

"Hey!" My ears were met with the most pleasant voice they have ever heard. But I still decided to ignore that voice, finding a good book was more important to me than speaking with some people.

"Hey! Can I help you somehow? What kind of books are you looking for?" I growled and looked towards where the voice was coming. That moment I saw her, I froze. I had no clue who she was but she was extremely beautiful. It was like she came from another universe. Is this how angels look like because I feel like I am trapped in heaven with her. What am I saying? She is probably straight as a pole.

 She took her time to sip from her cup of tea and I started staring. Unable to say a word, I just admired her beauty for a while but when she looked at me, I immediately blushed and looked down. Gosh, those big brown eyes were like a melted chocolate where I could swim. How she would flip her rich black hair from side to side. How she would bite her heart shaped lips anytime she is nervous. My heart was beating so fast and I felt like I could go on my knees any second. This was the time I realized I fell in love for the first time and I fell in love with a girl. 

"H-hey." After I came back to my senses, I gained the courage to speak with that mysterious girl. She immediately came closer and chuckled.

"Hey you, I thought you were not interested in any kind of help." 

"No, no! It's not like that! It's just I find it hard to speak with new people."

"Oh girl, I can definitely relate! I am an introvert too but eventually, you will get used to it! Easier said than done but trust me when you learn to open up more, it works!"

"You are really sweet." I tried my best to not show her that I liked her. I was sweating like a dog, I really hoped that she wouldn't run away because of my sweat.

"So you want my help?"

"Certainly!"

"Ok, by the way, I am Lauren." So my crush is named Lauren, what a cute name!

"Jasmine, nice to meet you, Lauren."

"I am really interested in psychology books, I would recommend you to visit psychology sector. These kinds of books can really make your brain think." I was enchanted by this girl and the way she was speaking with me.

"I was thinking about finding something about graphic designing, since I am an art school student but I guess, I will try something new. I am sure you know what's good!"

"Omg you love art? Do you know Dani Cimorelli well, now Calleiro but nevermind."

"Who even is that?" I asked and noticed that she frowned.

"So you don't even know who I am. I love art too but you know what, it's better to not know the real me. Dani is my sister and she is really good at graphics, so I thought we could meet up with her sometime, forget about it. I better go now, hopefully I helped you with the book choice!"

"No, please! Lauren, don't go!" Something about her wanted me to get to know her. "Actually, I am not from here and I don't really have a guide so I was hoping-"

"For me to be your guide?" She cut me off quickly and I was prepared to be rejected. "Jasmine, I would love to! I was about to ask you where are you from because I have never seen you before."

"I am from Scotland but I love USA so." 

"So good for you, girl. I really have to go now but here is my number. Just text me if anything. By the way, you are cute." She winked at me, leaving me completely lovestruck. I didn't give her permission to just steal my cotton candy heart like this. But she can keep it with her...