Chapter 12: Good times

Jasmine's POV

"The date yesterday was really amazing. I still have trust issues because of your best friend though." My girlfriend was still not happy with that I actually have friends.

"You want to know the truth, Laurser? I wanted to see you jealous." I winked at her and when I saw her sour face, I immediately started laughing.

"That's what I deserve for dating you? I am not speaking with you for the rest of my life."

"Any person in any kind of relationship deals with jealousy at least once. Okay, challenge accepted. From now, only sign language is allowed. You will see how fun is being mute." I was lucky that I learned how to master this language. Lauren just kept looking at me, instead of communicating with me. She didn't show any effort to show me at least one sign. 

"No please, just not this! Okay, I give up, I lost. I don't understand what are you doing with your hands."

"Not understanding sign language and giving up on a challenge after just few seconds, I thought you were better than this."

"I don't have to know everything in this world but I am still the best though. I am firmly standing behind this."

"You are such a weird creature, I don't even know why I am with you."

"Because you love me. Weirdos deserve to be loved as well. It's such a nice weather today, we should go out before it starts snowing, I mean it's November."

"I was planning to tell you about this. Yes, we are about to go out. I need to buy some groceries and then we can go shopping something else."

"Sounds good." Lauren started clapping.

"Don't be excited in advance, I didn't end my speech. Melanie is driving us there." Lauren's face froze like right when I said Melanie.

"Why you gotta be so mean?"

"Why you gotta be so mean towards Melanie?"

"Ugh, I taught you how to roast people so well."

"Laur, she is just a person too. If you love me, you will accept the fact that Melanie is my best friend and that I just can't throw her away, she isn't trash."

"Oh she is here, she like never comes late but early."

"What? Now? I am not even dressed up, I need time to prepare like at least a hour. Weenie."

"Forget about your look for at least once in a lifetime, you fashion icon. You look so pretty anyways, I don't know why you are acting like you have never seen yourself in a mirror. We need to go." I grabbed Lauren's hand and rushed to open the door, with Lauren following me. I felt like I was walking a dog with some dog leash. Amazing. I should have her on dog leash more often, then she wouldn't need a reason to spy on me.

"Come to daddy, good girl. I will give you a biscuit then." I got into Melanie's car and tried to pull Lauren into it as well.

"Are you guys like okay?" Melanie asked from her driver seat with head turned towards us.

"I don't know anymore, few minutes ago, we were playing on mute people and now, Lauren's my dog because she just doesn't want to listen to me. She needs my training." I explained but Lauren started whimpering. I guess that she really took this role seriously.

"Woof! I need your attention."

"Did you just really bark?" Melanie couldn't stop laughing.

"Not at you, weenie."

"Lorenzo, sometimes it's just hard to believe that you are already 21." I petted my dog.

"Well, this day is gonna be interesting." Melanie sighed and started the engine.