Chapter 2: Don't disturb

Lauren's POV

I came home and immediately threw myself on my bed, laughing like an idiot. I couldn't get the library girl out of my head. I know I just met her but I feel like she is special. Wait, what Am I saying? Am I aware of that I am catholic? I just can't fall for a girl but..what if my heart wants it? I have a radar which can detect bad energy everytime I am around new people, I can predict a lot of bad things. Somehow, I didn't feel bad energy coming from Jasmine, more to the contrary, she made my heart flutter. I would die for her but she doesn't even know that I like her.

"How was library?" I caught some voice but didn't focus on it until it was repeated again. "Lauren, are you even here?" My eyes landed on my older sister Amy.

"Um it was cool, I guess." 

"You just guess? What's happening, you weren't paying attention? You didn't even notice me entering your room? Lauren, talk to me?"

"Nothing, I just made a friend."

"Who is that? I know that person?"

"I don't think so. She isn't from here. But her name is Jasmine and she is so interesting." 

"Laur, look at you! Making new friends? I stan a confident queen!"

"Some people are worth meeting." 

"Ah yeah, I see. You look so happy today. I can't wait to meet her! Hopefully, she will have a good impact on you. You should go to sleep, I can't believe you spent 6 hours in library!" Amy left me with these words. After a while, I became bored. Bored without her. I grabbed my phone and looked at her number. I felt my stomach burning just thinking about her existence. I believe it was God's plan to arrange our meeting. Jasmine, what are you doing to me? I like you, a lot.

Jasmine's POV

I was reading the psychology book Lauren picked for me when I got a text. I thought that none of  these topics can be as good as art but she keeps proving me wrong. I would read it all anyways, knowing it's from the person I love. I would honestly go to sleep hugging that book, I know it sounds crazy but there are her fingerprints. Something which reminds me of her. Oh,  how much I wish I would hold her in my arms instead of holding this book. Wait, Am I even listening to what Am I saying? I have gone crazy for her. I finally looked at my phone, seeing that she just texted me. This isn't helping much. She really wants me to fall for her even more.

Lauren: Hey cutie, how is your day going? 

She called me cutie, I am literally dying sitting here ksjdjfjkdsk?!

Jasmine: Lauren I am dying, it's not even funny!

Lauren: Wait, how come that? Should I call 911?

Jasmine: I am dying because you called me cutie, you want me to develop a heart attack?

Lauren: Sorry for being honest, I just say how it is :)

Jasmine: Well, I was about to go to sleep but you are more important.

Lauren: No cutie, your health is more important. We can text tomorrow.

Jasmine: Stop calling me like that or the paramedics will come with that freaking oxygen mask thingy...

Lauren: But it's not my fault that you are cute! Have you seen yourself in the mirror?

Jasmine: I am leaving this chat...I will rather finish reading your book

Lauren: No, no! I will stop, I promise. Oh gosh, so you like it?

Jasmine: I never thought psychology was this interesting.

Lauren: But you are more interesting, I would like to read you.

Jasmine: Lauren! You said you would stop!

Lauren: Did fairy princess barbie dream girl pageant queen say something wrong?

Jasmine: What the-I-Lauren are you like ok? You are better when you are quiet...

Lauren: Yes, these are just my iconic nicknames but you will get it when you actually get to know me and my savage self :)

Jasmine: I should seriously go to sleep...

Lauren: No, wait! Actually, I need some advice on how to steal someone's heart!

I blushed reading this, I never knew she could be this flirty. Wow, Lauren Cimorelli flirting for 10 minutes straight. I wonder to what person she was referring but I was too scared to ask her. I was sure that she wanted to date a guy, however her texts were hinting something else. I really hoped that she could like me too.

Jasmine: Lady, who do you think I am? Adept in love? Google exists.

Lauren: You are better than Google.

Jasmine: You know what? I have the same problem, I like someone but I am afraid they don't like me back

Lauren: Your beauty is something I would arrest you for, those guys are blind! If someone doesn't like you back, just forget about them!

Jasmine: But how do I know if someone is just not interested?

Lauren: For example they wouldn't stay up texting you :) They wouldn't constantly buy you gifts, your favorite chocolate bars, serenade you with your favorite song...

I shivered reading this, she is texting with me and it's late. She seems like a pure romaniticist. God, that's so attractive. That means she is interested in me? Am I dreaming or is this really happening? Is this really Lauren texting me? I am so happy when I am interacting with her. Why?

Jasmine: Lauren, I need further explanation...wait...are you like into girls? Because I might be...

Lauren: Ummmm I mean I support that and I was trying to say this the whole time I- I really like y-mmm sorry I have to go

Jasmine: Wait, what do you like? 

Jasmine: Lauren, please answer.

Jasmine: Are you still here? Did I make you angry? I am sorry if I did.

Jasmine: Nevermind, goodnight.

I barely managed to send the last text and my mom was already yelling at me.

"So you won't learn, right?"

"Mom, what's wrong? I thought you were sleeping?"

"I was trying to fall asleep but you were laughing like crazy! Girl, it's 10.30 pm, don't disturb!"

"I am sorry, it's not my fault that she was funny." 

"She?" I immediately covered my mouth, realizing that I said something I should not have said to someone being homophobic.

"Yes, I was watching Amanda Bynes, you know that movie She is a man, so funny." I lied.

"That movie is absolutely cringe and crazy and that's not something you should do this late, you know what you should do? Sleeping! I am so done with you, one more laugh and I will do something to you, I swear. I won't sleep now all night thanks to you!"

"I am sorry mom, I will control myself next time."

"You better, otherwise you will regret it."

Only if my parents weren't strict, sensitive homophobic people, help me...