Chapter 9: She had it coming

Jasmine's POV

"Are you excited for next week?" Melanie asked me while reading the book sitting next to me. Meet Melanie, my best friend. We have known each other since we were just little ones and our friendship still goes strong. I find it really hard to even call someone my best friend but with her, I always felt like I can tell her anything and she will never let me down. She just earned my trust for all of these years and my college years are much easier with a classmate like her. Also she is helping my broken heart healing faster.

"There's nothing to be excited for, Mel. I have no one to go with me." I sighed, knowing that I have to attend that stupid prom also this year. It's just a tradition for my college, to held proms annually. 

"You still miss her?" She asked and I just nodded, looking at the hoodie I was wearing. The one Lauren gave to me. Yes, I am still rocking her hoodie.

"C'mon, I am here for you. For better or worse, do you understand? I will go there with you, it's not a shame to go there with friends."

"But there will be all those couples doing their things. I just wish Lauren could be there with me. I would be the happiest girl then."

"You do still love her, right? Just try to forget her, you will see that you will be able to move on, eventually. Please, try to focus on present, not your past or future, YOLO. I will see you tomorrow, if something, just text me." 

"I will try. By the way, thank you for wanting to study with me today." When she left, I just threw myself on my bed. Oh, how much I wish I was laying here with you looking into your eyes. Why I just can't get you out of my head, Lauren? It's been three months and I just can't stop thinking about you. Right when I was in the middle of my deepest thoughts, I got a FaceTime call. Lauren? It's like she was thinking about me at the same time as I was, telepathy is real? 

"Hey baby. I just wanted to check on you. How are you doing? What's new?" When I saw her on the camera, I felt like crying. She looked so cute with her hair in a bun. Like a total snack. Such a wifey material.

"Life ain't the same without ya, you know? Laur, you look so adorable. You should definitely wear it like this more often."

"I felt that on a spiritual level. I honestly miss you so much. And thank you, girl. Not gonna lie, I was hoping to impress you. Hey, you better take good care of my child. If you ruin my hoodie, you will have to pay for it."

"You definitely did, nerd. No worries, I am giving it the best care like I was giving to you."

"As you should. How is school? How is your family treating you? Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just wish you could be with me. You say something about your life."

"I try to hang out with friends and have movie nights. I journal a lot. I do a lot of things to make me not think of you for at least a minute. But it's impossible. I can be busy all day but when I go to sleep, everything we had comes back to me. I hate this distance but I have to deal with it. You are worth the wait. Oh and I did my first ollie yesterday."

"Lauren! If you break your leg once again, I swear that.."

"What?" She cut me off in the middle of sentence. "I am being careful, okay? You just can't stop me from doing things I love. I have been skateboarding since I was two. Where is my compliment, aren't you proud of me?"

"Well done, Cimorelli. Just you know that I can't be your personal nurse anymore if you get wounded again."

"I am not that demanding anymore. I am not craving for that kind of luxory. I will just simply go to hospital. Normal care for a normal person.