Chapter 11: Traitor?

Jasmine's POV

"We should probably go, it's getting late, it's almost midnight." Lauren said to me as we were sitting next to each other. I looked around and like half of students were drunk or high already. It's surprising that even my parents stopped at a place like this. Glad that they left almost immediately after they said what they wanted because this would hurt their eyes. My whole family is against taking drugs but somehow, I felt like finally trying some alcohol today. I wanted to celebrate the return of my girlfriend a little.

"Why are you wanting to leave it here now?" 

"I just don't really like watching people in a state of mind like this." I knew that Lauren was very religious and polite person but my brain was still trying to tell me that I should degust that drink in front of me.

"But I like it here, I will never ever have better prom than this one."

"I don't care, I am leaving it here. I am becoming loopy, I am going to visit toilettes and when I come back, we will go." I took this moment as an advantage and took a sip of Bacardi. It tasted weird but when I got used to it, I didn't really care about the taste. I wanted to become drunk, oh man, what was I doing? 

"Heck yeah, Jasmine! Come out of your shell!" All of sudden, Melanie appeared in front of me and started chanting. I knew that she was extroverted and that she always wanted to help me becoming more confindent. And with that Lauren thing, I get her that she didn't want to see me suffering, so she just wanted me to move on. 

"So you still came? I told you that I would cope with this just by myself."

"Oh c'mon, how could I forget about my best friend? I came a bit later but who cares. I am here, hey, let's drink away your sorrow. Lauren, you are about to be forgotten." She poured the Bacardi into her glass too and we pinged.

"Hey babe, I am bac-um, who is this?" I didn't even notice Lauren coming back and she looked really angry. Oh snap, I forgot to tell Melanie that Lauren is back with me but how was I supposed to tell her that when I didn't even know about her visiting this prom either? She totally surprised everyone here.

"Lauren, this is Melanie, my best friend. Melanie, this is Lauren, my girlfriend." Melanie tried to shook her hand but Lauren just refused it.

"Why were you two drinking? I told you to not drink, babe! Don't beg me for help when you will feel unwell becase of your silliness!"

"Laur, I just wanted to celebrate your return." I tried to stand up and wrap myself around her but I almost tripped. What did I do?

"Oh hi, Lauren! Wow, you look even better in real life! Jasmine is really lucky to have you, honestly you can turn any girl gay."

"You weenie, listen. Yeah, weenie, I am not trying to insult you but you seem weird to me. You are like really drunk and if you think that the type of best friend who wants your best friend drunk is the right one, you are so wrong. How are you treating her, like some piece of trash?"

"Excuse me? I am okay with weenie but I have known Jasmine from her childhood! From where she was just a little one! You better shut up your hot mouth." When I came back to my senses, I was woken up into reality of two girls fighting for me. What the heck, thank Lord that I drank just two little glasses, so I could become sober quickly.

"Hey, what's going on here? Lauren, I thought you hated conflicts? Mel, you are drunk, why did you have to complicate things even more?"

"Jasmine, you better cling to this one, she is so hot and so are you. Wowdy, girls, why are you both this hot? I wouldn't even know who to date."