Ch.20-Date night P1

A N D R E W

I look at her in awe. No way in HELL was she wearing that dress. I looked like a middle school nerd compared to her. Beautiful. I could see her flushed face as I stared. How could I not...she was a piece of art work. Emphasis on the work.

"D-do you like it?" I scanned her for the umpteenth time that minute. The way her hair was straightened and pulled behind her ears accented her jawline and pretty hazel eyes. Almost my eye color but a bit darker.

I saw the shiny earrings and bracelet I bought her about a week ago. It was her first time wearing them.

"I love it." I said in almost a hoarse whisper. She smiled with her teeth showing. Her dimples popped in and I smile myself. Our first official date was tonight. We decided we had to get out a bit more even though we both didn't mind being inside. It was going to be snowing soon.

I looked at her dress again. It was black, like my suit. It had a pencil skirt. The top was straight across with no straps. It was so simple yet made my pants feel tighter by the second.

Her heels. Four inches. Pointed toes. It was a clear black color. They made her the agreeable four inches taller. Imagine her being 5'3 instead of 4'11. She said it was an average womans height.

I stood hoping my pants weren't already wrinkled from my constant staring. I saw uncertainty flood her eyes. "What's wrong?" Her hand fiddled with the bracelet. I gently placed my hand on hers pulling it away.

"I'm just- ya know maybe we don't need to go to this din-"

"Mills, I reserved seats for us." I adjusted the bracelet around her wrist. She stuttered but settled on nothing else argumentive.

"Okay...maybe we should eat before we go." I chuckled turning my eyes to her.

"We're going to a restaurant remember?" I saw her cheeks flush and she nodded.

"Right..." I leaned to her and kissed her forehead. I tilted my forehead against hers soon after. Her eyes are closed. When she opens them I hope to god she wasn't crying. She wasn't and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Are you ready to go right now?" I actually wasn't too sure what she was nervous about. I breathed in her scent. She smelled like apples. Like always, and I loved it. This time she smelled more of a very sweet red one.

She nods,"Nothing to lose." I back up and slide my hand down her smooth arm. I grip her hand loosely and barely pull her along. I was amazed at how graceful she was able to walk in those heels. I could never.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and I led her through the front door instead. She seemed confused but was still hanging on. My car was out front instead this time. She hummed something but I didn't take note of it.

I helped her into the car giving her a quick peck on the lips before I closed the door. I suddenly had this surge of energy. I was utterly excited as I took my seat in the front. I had every right to be.

Millow pulled her purse on her lap next to me. She grabbed her phone from. She looked at the lock screen. She tapped the time with her fingernail and then clicked it off. She was checking the time.

I could tell she was nervous. She could have easily looked at the car screen to see the time but she took a minute to fiddle with her phone. As I drove I held her hand. I could feel her relax through the entire 20 minute ride.

We parked in front of the restaurant. This restaurant was fancy but nothing I wasn't used to. I used to live an extremely fancy life but overtime it actually got boring. I helped Millow out from the other side making sure she didn't trip over the elevated edges.