Chapter 8 - Silencer and Riposter

Marinette

Marinette doesn't swear often. If you ask most of the people, they all will say they never heard her swear. But she sure had the will to do it in that moment.

Silencer and Riposter, two of the most difficult villains she and Chat Noir fought were now side by side and wanted to warm her and Adrien. Or so she though.

Silencer's power was to use other's voices, making the original owner mute. Riposter's one was super strength and fencing based weaponry. Together, they could easily do a major damage, if Marinette couldn't use her lucky charm and save the day, which, with Silencer, was a really option.

"Adrien, RUN!" she yelled.

She didn't look, but she was sure Adrien took cover too, as they tried to escape Silencer's attacks. She had to walk away so she could transform.

"Marinette!" said André's voice "Come out and play!"

She understood that André was attacked by Silencer and he was using his voice now. Poor André... If she couldn't transform into Ladybug, he would be doomed to be mute forever. He didn't deserve such tragic ending...

"Marinette, we only want you." said Riposter "Adrien can go away, clearly it is all your fault!"

At this point, our heroine wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. Adrien would flee and she could transform into Ladybug while she had a voice.

"Leave her alone, you hear me?" screamed Adrien.

Adrien was actually defending her? Usually, she would feel flattered but that was the worst thing he could do in that moment. Where was Chat Noir when someone needed him?

"Adrien, for God sake, RUN!" she yelled even louder.

"It's not me that they want, it's you!" he replied.

He was right. If Adrien ran, she wouldn't still be able to transform into Ladybug without being seen. She needed a distraction. She needed a plan, quickly.

Looking around, there wasn't much she could use to make a distraction, and Riposter was coming dangerously close to the spot she was using to hiding. Too much yelling with Adrien... Oh... Adrien... Out of all moments, why now?

Adrien

Adrien couldn't not think of a good reason why Hawk Moth would want Marinette to send not one but two villains. After pretending a bit, he finaly decided it was time to transform into Chat Noir and save Marintte.

"Wang on, Marinette! I'll call for help!" yelled Adrien, not sure where Marinette was hiding. The Pont des Arts was a total chaos.

Adrien ran as fast as he could and hid behind a tree.

"Plagg, we need to do something!" he said to his Kwami.

"Agreed! You know the words." he aswered.

"Plagg, CLAWS OUT!" he screamed, activating his Miraculous.

He was now Chat Noir, the Miraculous holder with the power of destruction. And he was ready to destroy anything that threatened to harm Marinette.

He jumped with his staff as high as he could, and given that he had super powers that is quite a lot, and landed on two feet in the middle of Riposter and Silencer. Neither of them was expecting that, so Chat had the high ground for now.

Using his staff to throw Riposter as far was he could and to keep Silencer away from him, he quickly found Marientte, hiding behind André's cart.

"Chat Noir, oh thank you so much!" she said.