Chapter 20 - Flashback

Author's note: Wow... a flashback in a flashback? What is this, inception?

Félix

Two weeks earlier

Félix was in his seat as the airplane as it reached cruiser altitude. At his right, his mom was reading a book. She was the twin sister of Emilie Agreste, his aunt and wife of the world famous Gabriel Agreste. His father had died a year ago, some time after Emilie's death. Since then, Félix felt empty and people around him found him more revengeful and reactive, as well as extremely cruel towards everyone that displeased him.

"Can you please explain me again why the hell I have to do this exchange program in Paris?" he asked to his mom.

"Félix, language." she said, reprehending him "And, as I told you before, I think that getting experience aboard will be profitable to you in a close future."

"Yes, I agree with you. But why Paris?" he questioned again.

"What's wrong with Paris?" she asked back.

That was the moment Félix understood that was a lost battle. His mom simply didn't hate the Agreste family that much, mainly after recovering one of the rings. Of course she wanted to recover the second one but... it wasn't a priority for her...

He was close to the window in the plane, but he didn't want to look through it. He was thinking about his new school. It was a boarding school outside of the main zone of Paris, but sadly close enough to the Agreste's mansion. He made all that was in his power to avoid Adrien or Gabriel to find out he was going to Paris, and it appears to have worked out well.

He checked his clock, that was marking twelve twenty six. The flight was supposed to land at half past one in the afternoon, so he had time to sleep during the flight.

***

"Good morning, passengers of the flight BA5477 with destination to Paris, this is your captain. It's now 1:12PM and we are approaching Le Bourget Airport. Atmospheric conditions are great and we'll begin the landing procedure in two minutes. Please return to you seats and put back your seat belts. Thank you for choosing British Airways."

The captain's message woke Félix. They were almost at Paris. His mom was finishing her book and many of the other passengers were also waking up and putting their seat belts.

The landing was soft and easy, but not exempt of the omnipresent "people that clap at a landing". Félix wished he had a gun to shoot them all.

Baggage claim was quite peaceful and the trip to the school was pretty much the same. When they arrived, a tutor was already waiting for them. He gave a guided visit to Félix, showed his bedroom, classrooms and the general school. It wasn't as great as his particular school in London but it would have to work.

His mother said good bye to him and wished him luck, to what he answered with a high quality fake smile that could fool the majority. But deep down, he was sad and anger.

He would have to get used to that new life style.

***

In all schools there are the ones who serve and the ones who are served. Félix is the third type, the one that is served by the ones who are served.

Some of the most influential groups wanted him to be their friend and member, to what Félix answered with fake promises and smiles. The girls had a crush on him, the boys had admiration. French were all he expected to be: servants to the English kind. (Author's Note: What I believe Félix's opinion is, not mine)