Chapter 11 - Little Kitty on the Roof

Author's Note: Sorry for this chapter being smaller. I'm trying my best to keep the posting daily.

Adrien

The golden hour of Paris. Such a romantic moment in such a romantic city. And our poor Adrien seeing his romance not happening by any way.

He was watching the entrance as Marinette left the Mansion without even asking where Adrien was. She spent hours with his dad just a couple of meters away from him. Her indifference was destroying him from the inside, like a fire burning his inside. All because of love, the most negative of all emotions.

"Little kitty on the roof, all alone without his..." he knew the lyrics. The next word he had to sing was "lady", but he didn't. His lady was Ladybug, and he didn't want her anymore. He wanted Marinette. "...all alone without his princess..."

And then someone knocked at his door. Who dared to interrupt his melancholic moment?

"Adrien, you have a visit." said a female voice Adrien recognized as being Natalie's

With the biggest face of disdaining Adrien could possible make, he turned his face to the door, just in the right moment to see Natalie leaving and Nino entering his room. In less than a moment, his self pity was turned into happiness. His best friend was there.

"Hey ma dude!" said Nino.

"Nino! What are you doing here?" asked Adrien, running to go greet his friend.

"Just checking on ma dude. How are you?" replied him.

"I'm fi-" Adrien started to say.

But Nino's eyes were deep. He wasn't asking the question just to be polite. He wanted a straight, true answer. Adrien tried to open his mouth to say how he truly was, but the words didn't come out. Did they get stuck in his throat for trying to come out all at once or are they hidden inside his heart, afraid of coming out?

"I'm terrible. I couldn't be worse." Adrien said, with a light smile as if he found funny what he just said, or that he actually had the courage to say it.

Nino hugged his friend. He needed more than anyone could imagine. The fact that Marinette was putting him aside was affecting everyone, not just him. Marinette was in love with Adrien for almost two years and now that finally Adrien have felt for Marinette, she didn't love him anymore? The world was totally upside-down. How come there is still happiness and love in the world if the two souls that were made for each other are now separated? How is there still art, music, and all forms of joy and pleasure in a world where Marinette and Adrien are not together? That was the question half Paris asked without verbalizing.

"Feeling better?" asked Nino.

"A lot." answered Adrien.

Both realized that hugs and sweet words weren't the male way to solve the problem, so they played video-games.

Of course Adrien was beating Nino, half because Nino let Adrien win and half because Adrien asleep could defeat Nino after taking ten cups of coffee. They played for some time when, out of sudden, Nino's control stopped working. Adrien soon figured out it was the control's batteries that have died, so he had to get a few to replace the old ones.

"I'll be right back." he said as he left the room.

Nino

Nino was now alone in Adrien's room. As the time went by and Adrien was laiting bringing the batteries, Nino picked his phone and texted Alya.

It seems that Tikki, Marinette's kwami, wouldn't tell the identity of Chat Noir, but when Alya said Adrien's name she froze. A strong sign.

If Adrien was indeed Chat Noir, Alya's over-complicated plan would be possible, and Nino was positive that Adrien was Chat Noir. He just need to confirm that.