Chapter 10 - The Master and the Apprentice

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay again. I've had a lot more work than I was expecting too. I'll try to advance several chapters during weekend to keep posting everyday without any problems.

Marinette

A week later of the date, Marinette and Adrien did what they promised each other, no seeing, no chatting, no contact whatsoever. But Chat Noir never made that promise with Marinette.

Our poor oblivious heroine didn't even notice that the visits from his kitty were twice as frequent, but she really didn't mind. She wasn't sure about what she felt for him, but she was with Luka now, anyway. Chat was... just a friend.

But not today. This monday was special because she would start her internship. She picked up her sketch book, a pencil and a energy bar and took off to Agreste's Mansion to meet with the King of fashion, Gabriel Agreste.

She was, for the first time in her life, early to something. It was 4:55 and she was only expected at 5:00. Even so, she ringed at the doorbell and the camera came out. She identified herself and entered in the mansion.

A tall, dark haired woman wearing a black coat opened the door. As she started to talk, Marinette recognized the voice immediately. How could she forget such a dark, cold voice like hers? She could only be the one that, so many times, denied her entrance to see or deliver gifts to Adrien. The anger grew inside Marinette's stomach.

"But why am I angry?" she asked herself "I don't care she didn't let me see Adrien, he probably wouldn't want me too anyway." and let the matter die.

"Mister Agreste was expecting you." she says "I'm going to inform him of your arrival."

"Thank you." answers Marinette.

Gabriel

Gabriel was studying the deciphered version of the Miraculous Spellbook, trying to discover a way to force Marinette to tell the truth and reveal Ladybug's identity. The tablet was full of annotations, but none was about any kind of truth spell, or truth potion. There simply wasn't a way to magically extract the information from Marinette.

"Gabriel" said Natalie, on the door "Marinette is downstairs. Have you found a way to make her tell the truth?"

"No, there is nothing in the spellbook." he said, disappointed "Let her in, I'll have to extract the information through the good old way."

Natalie nodded in understanding. A minute later, someone was knocking the door.

"Come in" invited Gabriel.

Marinette appeared at the door, looking around trying to find Gabriel.

"Ah, Miss Dupain-Cheng. Come in, come in." he declared, faking a happy voice "Ready to begin your two months internship?"

"Y-yes, sir. I'm really excited to work with you in person." she said, obviously trying to contain her happiness.

And so, Gabriel started his class. He began to show her some of his most famous pieces designs, asking questions and hearing them too. Commenting important details and explaining techniques. Marinette kept taking notes at a small notepad she had with a pencil. Very odd.

"What do you have there, Marinette?" he asked, curious.

She blushed. Obviously she wasn't expecting him to be so attentive. She handed her notepad, that revealed to be a sketchbook. Inside it, dozens of designs, most probably made by Marinette herself, could be seen. Some avarage, others not that good and a few with an excellent quality.

"This works are very impressive, Marinette. It would be a shame to mix words and drawings in one book."

"W-well, it's that..." she stuttered "I-I didn't have other book to use for notes at home so I..."