Chapter 15 - Sunny Sunday Morning

Marinette

Earlier that same day...

Marinette's phone started playing the song "Don't worry be happy" at seven in the morning. It was not the normal wake up music, but she needed to hear a chill song in that morning. It was the day.

Here's a little song I wrote

You might want to sing it note for note

Don't worry

Be happy

Today, it was the party. She would get the costume at Agreste's at nine, and spend the rest of the day getting ready with Alya (she convinced Mister Agreste to invite Alya and Nino too), and she would be ready just in time for Luka to pick her up.

Oh yes, Luka. Luka was coming with Marinette to the party as her date. It ended that they relationship was trickier than what could be expected. But she hoped everything would be sorted out today.

Oh, Marinette, you better be careful with what you hope.

As she finished dressing to go get the costume, his phone ringed. It was Alya.

"Hey girl, what are you up to this time?" asked Marinette.

"Did you get the costume yet? I'm going to your place already." she said

"I'm leaving now. Why don't you come with me?" asked Marinette "That way we can get the costume together."

"Yeah girl! Meet you in Champ de Mars?" proposed Alya.

"I'll be there in no time." said Marinette, just before finishing the call.

She gave a look at her desk. The note book that Mister Agreste gave Marinette was still there, full of notes and tips from a master, as well as the pen that she kept as a relic of a Saint. After that, she went down, said goodbye to her parents, and started her walk to Champ de Mars.

Adrien

Kagami gave him a second shot, he wasn't going to waste it.

If you had to pick a word to describe Adrien, you should pick "excited". You don't get a second chance from a girl everyday. I'm not even sure if that is a real thing or if it belongs the realms of fanfictions.

The same routine of always, but everything seemed more alive. Could it be Adrien's head? Or is it the house being decorated to the dinner? The dinning hall have been rearranged so a place to dance could be made when the time comes. The main hall was cleaned and a red carpet was extended from the entrance to the dinning hall. The already marble white became even whiter, if that is even possible. If someone entered without knowing there was going to be a party that day, they could swear they entered in Olympus and not in a mansion.

Natalie was on the edge with things to organize and employees to command. The household staff was doubled temporarily so everything could be done as fast as possible. The entrance was cleaned and room was made for several cars and limousines to enter from the gate. Two men were hired to be at the doors at all time, verifying the invites of every person that entered. The entrance gate was controlled by a third man that Adrien didn't see but should be installed somewhere in Natalie's office. Five extra cooks were hired and one of the biggest orders ever was made to Dupain-Cheng's bakery.

The party was going to count with over ten fashion designers, not including Marinette and Gabriel Agreste himself, and twice that amount of models. Besides that, the Mayor of Paris, his wife and daughter, André, Audrey and Chloé Bourgeois, were coming, as well as Bob  Ruth and his son, XY, Jagged Stone, the reporter Nadja Chamack, Alec Cataldi, a few international celebrities... If you did the maths, over sixty people would come to the party, and Marinette was intended to be the star.