Chapter 12 - We're just friends

Nino

We never think that we're beautiful, no matter how many times someone tells us that. If we do, we're  self confident, maybe not too much, but close. Nino didn't believe he was beautiful too, even if Alya told him that. She didn't, but that wouldn't change nothing.

Nino and Alya were, before everything else, friends. Love built above a strong friendship have everything to last forever and be able to survive anything, and when neither of them have the need of being beautiful the odds of everything working out skyrocket. But there are things tha-

RING RING

-at can damage such lo-

RING RING RING

-ve, and we're about to see one of them. Waking up your loved one at six A.M. Never do that.

Nino was sleepy, tired, angry and indifferent all at the same time. Half of his hand tried to smash the phone while picking it up and the other half almost let it fall.

"Yes?" aksed Nino yawnig.

"Nino, are you ready yet? We need to put out plan on march!" said a female voice that resembles Alya's.

"What is wrong with you? It's like six in the morn-" started Nino.

"I know, I know! " answered Alya "But we need time to put everything to work!"

"-ing of a Saturday! Do you get it? It's Saturday!"

After complaining a lot and almost falling asleep twice, Nino got up and dressed to meet with Alya. Today they would get Marinette and Adrien together whatever it took.

As you may understand, almost a week separated the former chapter and this one, but the actual difference between today and the day it was a chapter ago is that today is Saturday. After a battle, Rena and Ladybug would go towards Dupain-Cheng's bakery and Carapace and Chat would go towards the Agreste Mansion. It happened twice in to very minor fights I won't narrate.

After Nino getting ready, he realized that the job was only half done. Wayzz was still asleep like a turtle in winter. Taking him out of bed was complicated, but eventually worked out.

It was early, but the cafés and restaurants were already opening. There was already people on the streets and cars in the road contributing to global warming. A normal day in Paris, except the fact that Alya and Nino were about to join two souls which fate was to be together. Paris was now crossing its fingers.

He quickly got to Place des Vosges, that was yet empty. Nino aproached the fountain, that was turned off during the night to save energy, and looked at the water. He never saw any fish there, he wasn't expecting to see them this time, but looking at the calm water relaxed him, helped him focus and convincing himself that Alya's plan was going to work.

The battle plan, as Nino called it, was composed in three steps. The first one, they would get both Marinette and Adrien to come to the park, not knowing that the other would be there too. The second, Nino and Alya would leave the park for a few minutes with some lame excuse but ask them to stay. The third and most ridiculous part of the plan was "letting the magic happen". Alya was convinced that if Marinette and Adrien got to be alone for some time they would fix themselves and start dating out of nowhere. It worked with Nino and Alya, so who was him to discuss?

Alya

Alya was running to the park. He though he saw Nino walking in in that moment, so she was just a few seconds later than him. Not bad considering he was a lot closer to the Place des Vosges than she was.

"Hey sleepyhead, are you ready for this?" she said while getting closer to the fountain.

Nino, that appeared to be in trance looking to the fountain, turned back and smiled at Alya.