38.

"You look like shit." Jeongyeon said greeting Yoongi.

"Wow. Thanks. You look great too." Yoongi sarcastically replied.

"Where's Jungkook?" She asked.

"Umm, in the kitchen. Why?"

"Cool. Come with me."

"Okay," Yoongi replied a bit confused. Jungkook was sitting on a stool drinking an orange liquid from his cup.

"Ew. What is that?" Jeongyeon asked wrinkling her nose.

"Carrot juice. Helps with my eyesight." He said widening his eyes.

Jeongyeon and Yoongi both looked at him disgusted. "What? It's good. Try it." He said offering them.

"No, no, I'll pass. So, I'm actually here because Jungkook texted me and told me that you've been pathetic by staying in your couch eating popcorn for two weeks now."

Yoongi frowned in Jungkook's direction who sheepishly smiled. "Jeongyeon," he whispered. He told her not to say anything, but that apparently she ignored that part.

"What? Those were your words exactly."

"I'm not only eating popcorn. I'm also eating cookies."

"That's not any better. That's why I'm here. You have to come with us to Kai's party. Nayeon is coming too so you can meet her." She grinned excitedly.

"Actually I don't think that's a good idea," Jungkook mumbled.

"Did you not tell him about it, Jungkook? It's a masquerade party! I even bought you a mask."

"I knew about it. Kai texted me, but I don't feel like going."

"Why not? Tell him he has to come with us, Kook."

"I just don't think it's a good idea. I invited Jimin." Jungkook said.

"What the shit? Why would you do that?" Jeongyeon angrily said.

Yoongi bit the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from asking. It had been so hard to not ask Jungkook about Jimin.

He didn't want them to end their friendship because of him. It was just hard to not bring him up. He was curious. Everyday he wondered how Jimin was doing and if he was okay.

"It's complicated. It's about Taehyung and him. I don't want to talk about it in depth because Yoongi asked me not to bring him up. Before I planned this I made sure that, Yoongi didn't want to go."

"I still don't want to go." Yoongi said walking out.

Jeongyeon ran towards him and pulled him back from his waist. "You have to come. We will keep you away from Jimin. Please come. You can hang out with Nayeon and I. You can't keep running away from, Jimin. You're going to encounter him one day."

Yoongi froze. She was right. It was going to happen one day. He just wasn't sure if he was ready for that day to be tonight.

"I don't know." He finally whispered.

"Please. We're all going to be wearing masks anyways. Jungkook and I will make sure Jimin is nowhere near."

Yoongi shook his head no. The last thing he needed was to be baby sat by two babies themselves.

"Please, please? It'll be fun!"

•••

"You said this shit was going to be fun and news flash it's not." Yoongi frowned crossing his arms over his chest.