39.

"You don't have to go in there if you don't want to, Jimin. I'm only trying to help the both of you." Jungkook said.

Jimin looked at him. It was like he could hear his voice, but it was an echo. His mind wasn't processing what was happening at the moment.

Then he looked at Taehyung who hadn't moved. Hell, he hadn't even dare to breathe since he said hey.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" Jungkook asked.

He nodded and walked in the closet closing the door behind. Jungkook stayed outside and took a deep breath. He hoped things went well.

Jimin sat in front of him and tried to find the words to speak to him. Fuck. He thought he wanted to scream and punch him on the throat.

But, having Taehyung in front of him provoked none of those feelings. He only felt love. And that was the honest truth.

"Are you going to talk to me?" He finally snapped.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung whispered softly.

Jimin bit his tongue looking down at his lap. "Are you really sorry? Because while you were fucking my ex you didn't seem sorry then."

Taehyung avoided eye contact feeling his whole body get hot. "I have no excuse for myself. I knew it was wrong. I just couldn't say no to the attention he was giving me. I was selfish to overlook your feelings. The attention I was receiving blinded me from the truth."

"Why? Just why...?" Jimin said swallowing the tears. He couldn't wrap his mind around that. They were best friends.

"We started off as friends. He messaged me on social media and I didn't think much of it. At first, most of the messages were about you. He'd message me about what you would like and where to take you to. I don't know when it started to change. All I know is that it did and I didn't stop it because I thought I was in love. I didn't care about you when I was with him."

Jimin winced like he had been punched in the gut. That's exactly what it felt like. To hear your best friend of years say these words reopened wounds that never healed in the first place.

"But, I swear on my life that when you found out and I saw your face I regretted everything that happened. I regretted it all. If I could go back in time...if I could...if only..." Taehyung quiet down as he felt the tears roll down his cheek.

Ever since that day the guilt had been tormenting him day and night. It was something that he couldn't let go of.

He constantly felt a heavy pressure on his chest and he constantly cried about it too. He wasn't ashamed to admit it.

He cried often.

Because he knew his mistake ruined the best thing that had ever happened in his life. Jimin. It ruined him. It ruined their friendship. All because of some asshole that played them both.

"It's too late now," Jimin whispered in tears himself.

"I'm so sorry."

"You broke my heart. I have so many trust issues because of this. You knew I was damaged, you knew everything that happened and you still did it. I hate the way I am. I hate the way I push those who care about me because I keep thinking that one day they will stab me in the back like you did."

Taehyung had been digging his nails into his palms. His vision was so blurry from the many tears that wanted to escape.

"I broke my own heart too. I'm scared of getting attached to people because of my past. I don't want to hurt them like I did to you. It's okay to hate me. You don't have to feel bad about it. I hate myself too." Taehyung whispered.

Jimin started sniffing and he sobbed into his hands. After everything that had happened and the resentment he felt s towards him it still hurt his heart to hear Taehyung talk bad about himself.

Taehyung's hand slowly reached over to touch him. He stopped himself before doing it because he didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

"Don't cry. Don't-I'm sorry-I-"

"I don't hate you, you idiot! How can I hate you when you were my everything? I hate that I can't stop loving you even after everything you did. That's what I hate." Jimin said in between cries.

"I love you too. I never stopped. I know my past actions say otherwise, but I love you and always will."

Jimin cried louder until he felt his chest tighten. He had cried with Yoongi, but never this hard. It felt like everything he had been bottling up suddenly exploded.

Taehyung moved closer to him. His hands were shaking so badly as he stretched them open. "Can I please hold you, Jimin? Please let me hold you."

Jimin wanted to fight it and say no. However, seeing Taehyung his eyes full of tears and his nose red as an apple from crying melted his heart.

He leaned over and rested his head against Taehyung's chest. The pain he had been feeling suddenly started to go numb. His tears weren't falling as much and he found himself at peace.

Taehyung was holding him like he never wanted to let go. He took a smell of Jimin's hair. He still used the same shampoo.

"I can't forgive you right now. I need time." Jimin said softly.

Taehyung nodded, "I understand." He cooed rubbing circles on his back. Jimin smiled sadly. Taehyung use to do this when he would get upset or anxious. It always calmed him down.

A sudden knock on the door made Jimin pull away abruptly. "Is-is everything okay? I-I haven't heard a noise?" Jungkook nervously asked from outside.

He had been panicking for the last few minutes. At first he heard screaming and crying and now there was only silence.

So, Jungkook couldn't help but to picture Taehyung in a pool of blood. What if things got out of hand?

Jimin wiped his almost dry tears from his cheeks. "I have to go." He stated. Taehyung nodded, "Okay,"

I love you.

Taehyung wanted to say, but it couldn't roll of his tongue. He was still extremely ashamed of what has happened in the past. What if he took it the wrong way?

Jimin stood up and walked out. "Is everything alright?" An alarmed Jungkook wondered. "Yeah. I need a drink." He quickly replied walking away.

Jungkook opened the door and found that Taehyung was sitting still looking down at his fidgeting hands.

"Good, you're not dead." He sighed relieved.

Taehyung laughed weakly. Jungkook kneeled in front of him, "Are you okay?" He quietly mumbled.

Taehyung shook his head no. Jungkook then leaned over and pulled him in for a hug. "We don't have to talk about it. You can cry if you want. I won't judge you."

"Thank you." Taehyung mumbled on the verge of tears.

Meanwhile, Jimin was walking down the hall. All he wanted to do was hug Yoongi because he needed him now more than ever.

And just when he thought his heart couldn't break more he saw Yoongi sticking his tongue down a girls throat.