Arnie Grape.

~This imagine is based on off of "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" Hope you enjoy :)

Cara's POV

Hello everyone, I'm Cara. Currently, I'm with my best friend Arnie Grape and we're getting some ice cream. So let me tell you a little bit about Arnie. Everyone in town knew Arnie and knew that he was mentally ill. I remember meeting Arnie like it was yesterday. I met him one day when I was walking outside on my daily stroll. I saw him climbing up the power post.

 (A/N: I don't even know if that's what you really call it so bare with me lol.) 

I see the cops and everyone around him trying to get him down. The cops were using a megaphone trying to talk him into coming down. I think of something that might work and I walk up to the cops and take the megaphone from him. 

"Match in the gas tank, boom boom." It was something that my father sang to me. He looks down at me and I say it again. He starts saying it along with me and he starts to climb down. 

He gets all the way down and I walk up to him. 

"Match in the gas tank, boom boom," he says as he laughs. I laugh along with him too. 

His brother Gilbert rushes up to us and gives him a big hug. The cops then walk up to us.

"I told you that if this would happen again, we would take him down to the station." They tried to grab Arnie but I stood in front of him. 

"Wait," I say. "He really doesn't know what he's doing and he hasn't done anything to harm anyone. So please don't take him away." They stop in their tracks and looked at each other.

"Okay, but if it happens again, he will get taken down to the station." They both walk back to their cars, get in and drive off. Everyone else that was standing around went back to their business. That just left me, Gilbert and Arnie.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me out with him. So, to say thank you, would you like to have dinner with us tonight."

"i would love to."

He offered me and ride back to their house and I took his offer. Me and Arnie talked all the way there and his brother told me a little bit about him. Me and Arnie have been best friends ever since then. I couldn't ask for anybody better.  

-----------

"Cara, Cara, Cara."

I turned my focus back on Arnie. I must have been daydreaming.

"I want strawberry strawberry strawberry!"

I laugh at his joy. He's such a sweet kid. "Okay Arnie, I'll get you one."

I ask the man for two strawberry ice cream cones and I gave him the money. He handed the cones to us and gave us some napkins. 

We take our ice cream cones and start walking to the place where we normally hang out, the pond. We get to the pond and we sit with out feet in the water. We eat out ice cream in silence and we enjoy each others company. 

I put my head on his shoulder and stare off into the sunset. 

There's no place I'd rather be.

I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine:) Many more on the way.