Bonds

Florentino smiled as he helped Este read. The child is studying Italian. Florentino was reading to him in Italian now. Este leaned onto him. Gustavo was sitting at the table. He was going through some documents which Florentino had asked to be brought from office. They were some old documents which were sealed up.

Gustavo looked at the two huddled together in bed and smiled. Flore was wearing a glass. He looked so beautiful in it. Gustavo joined them in bed. He placed a hand around Flore who turned a bit but continued reading to Este.

"Flore, M' feeling sleepy," said Este and snuggled closer to Florentino, soon out like a light.

"He likes you," said Gustavo.

"All your sons love me," said Florentino wryly. Gustavo chuckled. It was nice to see that cockiness, again.

"I am busy in the morning tomorrow, taking Juan to his equestrian practice at the club. In the evening, I was wondering if you would like to join me for dinner outside?" asked Gustavo.

Florentino looked at him and tried not to smile.

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yes"

"Alright, I will," said Florentino and looked back at Este who was now asleep. He shifted and laid down, pulling Este close to him. Gustavo also settled on Florentino's left. He placed his arm around Flore who did not say anything for sometime. Then he moved his hand and placed it on top of Gustavo's.

------------

Next morning, Gustavo took Juan to his practice. The boy was excited.

There were many girls and boys. Some were the horse owners and even the club members.

"Oy, Juani is that the new chauffer milady?" asked a man who stood tall between a few of the men his age. Probably around 25. A boy of around 21 was in his arm like a proper arm candy.

"Maybe he wants to be a girl or is in need of a dominatrix," smirked the guy.

Juan looked at them and the few others who were laughing.

"Pouty lips, long lashes, the perfect cheeks, the ideal minx. Maybe his brother already have a few proposals in hand. He should benefit from feeding street rats too, right," snorted another among them.

"Look at the beauty. Maybe I will spare a night for you," said the man in the middle again, the team leader obviously.

"Is this what they teach the new generation of Rayats?" asked Gustavo.

At that all the boys who were till then staying around like regular boys moved around the leader guy. The girls also lined up, eyes narrowed.

"Who is this? Who are you?" asked the man his eyes narrowed.

"Your father over there would know my name. It's Gustavo," he responded.

"Gustavo who?" snorted the man and all others laughed.

"Oh, forgot to introduce him, Adrian, this is my father Gustavo Almaraz," said Juan.

At that all went pale and were now looking unsettled. They were all looking at Gustavo.

"The Don is supposed to be- started Adrian and then stopped when his father came rushing followed by every single person in the club. They were all staring at Gustavo in shock.

"Don"

The word was said with reverence by Adrian's father who is a businessman, one of the richest in the country. The man bowed and so did others. Even Adrian did.

"Don, this is a pleasant surprise- "

"My Alexander is the Don. Retired life has it's fun. You all should try," said Gustavo.

The Mayor of the city looked speechless as she looked at him.

"Happy to meet you all after so many years. For now, I am here with Ju here so that he can practice. We were worried because he doesn't attend the training anymore, especially Alexander. He is looking forward to buying an equestrian team for Ju here. Mikhael was planning on accompanying him. But my son came to me and told me that if he took my son-in-law, it would be blood shed. Apparently there are bullies here who dares to cross an Almaraz. I just wanted to see them for myself and show my Ju here a few old tricks," said Gustavo.

He said it very calmly, his voice even. All the bullies were paler than earlier.

"Henley, your son needs to be careful," said Gustavo.

Henley nodded in understanding.

"Nothing untoward will happen from his part again," said Henley.

Juan looked at Adrian who scowled at him. He can scowl all he want but Juan knew the man would never bully him again.

Once all dispersed, Juan hugged Gustavo tight much to the man's utmost happiness.

"Thank You"

"I am just glad that I get to parent you a bit," said Gustavo.

"A parent never stops parenting, old man. Flore always says that when Mig worries if he is being overbearing to us," said Juan.

"I see. He is a wise man, Flore," said Gustavo.

"With poor taste in men," quipped Juan.

Gustavo looked at him, lips quirked and then he outright laughed, his hand around Juan as he led him to the race course.

-----------------

Adrian scowled as his father glared at him.

"Honestly? Before his father even came into the picture, what gave you the idea to taunt and bully Don Alexander Almaraz' brother? If he doesn't kill you, the Donna will. I hope you have heard the stories about Miguel Almaraz. If not there is always at least 10 people who would have torn you apart. And now, goodness, the Capo- the most dangerous man on this planet is here. Retired or not, if he broke this cover, evidently the death was a cover, then something is happening. And know this, we are always on the Almaraz side of this war. Or I will disown you. I have spoken to the Don about you working with him. He said he will consider. If he does take you in, it would be in the Marine business. Do well. I am not going to say this again. We are on the Almaraz side of the incoming war," said Henley.

Adrian scoffed.

"You know I have a lot of respect for Don and Donna Almaraz. Juan is just easy to tease. It was all in good fun," said Adrian.

"To you, it maybe. But for him who always grew up with the insecurities of being an adopted child especially because of the big mouths of privileged kids like you, it's emotional torture," said Henley.

Adrian looked down in shame.

"I was planning on asking Juan's hand for you in a few years time. Now that's out of question. You waste your time letting these money hungry tramps loot you," said Henley, nodding to the guy in his arm. The boy only ever used Adrian's cards and is from a filthy rich family himself. He is more into using Adrian than anything else.

"Really?" asked Adrian but Henley just stormed off. Everyone else was discussing the hottest gossip in the country itself, Gustavo Almaraz is back.

--------------