Surprise

All went do watch the final match of the season. They have already won the cup and will lift it that day. Once the match was over, the family was excited. They clicked photos with the trophy as a family.

Sage brought champagne for Sergio who just leaned on Sage for a moment.

"What happened baby? " asked Sage, holding Sergio.

"I don't know. I am feeling a bit dizzy," said Sergio and Sage made him sit down. The team doctor came and checked him over and asked him a few things.

"You are pregnant, Sergio, if I am not mistaken. But we will need more tests," said the doctor and then looked at Sage who was looking at Sergio. Both of them were in shock. The whole family heard it.

"Let's go home," said Miguel and helped Sergio stand up. Sage was holding him from the other side and they were leaving for the cars.

Sergio looked at Sage. They kissed.

"We will deal with this together," said Sage. Sergio nodded, cuddling closer to Sage as they walked.

-----------

Gustavo was helping Athen with a cake. Miguel and Alexander were busy mother-henning Sergio.

"Father, I need to talk to you," said Sage. Gustavo looked up and nodded. He asked Athen to take over and walked out.

"How do I help Sergio? I have no idea. I mean, he is pregnant at the peak of his career. I don't want him to end up resenting me," said Sage.

Gustavo placed an arm around Sage as they walked.

"We cannot control everything. Here, what we can do is just one thing. Let, Sergio decide. It's his body and he should have the last say," said Gustavo.

"What if he decides to abort and down the line I resent him? I don't think I will. But I worry," said Sage.

"Like I said, we can't control everything. And, we both know you would never chose an unborn child over Sergio. You are as or more ambitious than him when it comes to his career. And, even if he aborts, don't you think it's better than Sergio resenting a child that you made together? " asked Gustavo.

Sage nodded.

"I want him to be able to be the best in the world. They already call him a successor to the Almaraz legacy," said Sage, pride in his voice.

"They are just cells now. And, unborn. You are right, it's his body and his decision and that's what I will tell him. Thank you," said Sage hugging Gustavo tight and he took off.

-------------

Sergio smiled as Sage joined him in bed as all left.

"You are worried," said Sergio.

"Serg, I want you to know that you shouldn't think about me or anything else when you take this decision. You going ahead with the pregnancy or not will not affect our relationship. You have a career ahead of you and we both have the same dream," said Sage.

Sergio looked at him.

"Seems like someone sought advise," teased Sergio.

"I did speak with father," said Sage.

"Hmm"

"I want to have this baby, Sage. We made them. I can't bear to think of not having them. It is not ideal. But, it's just 15 months, maximum? I will be able to train at the beginning of next season and play halfway into the season," said Sergio.

Sage looked at him.

"Its not that I wouldn't be sad if we didn't have the child. I would be and I know you would be too. But it would be a decision we took together. I hope you know that," said Sage.

"I do and - do you want the baby? " asked Sergio.

"I would like it very much," said Sage pressing his face to Sergio's.

"Then, be ready to be a dad real soon, " said Sergio.

Sage chuckled as they kissed again.

"I love you, you know that? " asked Sage.

"I do. I love you too," said Sergio.

"I am going to have you wait hand and feet on me," said Sergio.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," said Sage laughing.

-------------------

Florentino is surprised when Gustavo picks him up from office. The car is taken back home by guards.

"Where are we going?" asked

"I wanted to take you out,"said Gustavo. Florentino blushed. Gustavo smirked as he bent down and pressed a kiss to Florentino's lips.

They got down in the outskirts and walked towards the pub they used to visit earlier. Luria beamed as she saw them walk in.

"Oh, I am starting to believe in almighty," she beamed as she kept their coffees and nuggets to nibble on.

"Thank you Lu," said Florentino and let her hug him and then Gustavo before walking off.

Florentino looked at Gustavo.

"So, why a surprise?" asked Florentino. He was distinctly reminded of when Gustavo would call him up and they would meet here as if they were here for official purposes. They were not fooling others of course, they were fooling themselves. Jennifer used to joke about it.

"Today is the day I met you for the first time. Nineteen year old rookie cop," said Gustavo with a small smile. Florentino just looked at the man. Gustavo always remembered such things. Everything to the minutest detail.

"40 years, huh? " asked Florentino, trying to keep his voice steady.

"40 years," said Gustavo. He had been married for six months then, reaching 21. The first day, after Florentino left post his questioning, Jennifer had looked at him with a smile.

She had asked, "That's your kind of man, huh? "

He had just glared at her and stormed off because Florentino had been unbelievably brave in the face of the Mafia prince. Not scared one bit. No one spoke to him like that until that day. No one.

"Here we are, old men with grey hairs," said Gustavo. Florentino just extended his hand and their hands entwined at the middle of the table as they had the food.

"And I lost us 20 years," said Gustavo as they walked out, hand in hand, simply strolling through the pavement alongside river Adda. Florentino's head was pressed against Gustavo's chest as they walked.

"Its in the past and I understand. Some demons are hard to fight. I also did what you did to Alexander in a different way. Couldn't stand my failures, my loss and ran and hid in my office room. We are as similar as we are different and I understand. I understand the guilt too. I had felt it, I get it," said Florentino.

Gustavo smiled as he pulled Flore closer. They stood watching the river, in each others arms.

"Understanding isn't forgiveness, " said Gustavo.

Flore looked at him.

"No it is not. But it is you. How long will I not forgive you? One of these days, that wound will heal too and you will have your forgiveness. You will wait? I know we don't have much time," said Flore.

"We do. Now that we are here, we have all the time in the world," said Gustavo. Florentino blushed and looked down only for Gustavo to lift his face and kiss him again and again.

------------

Alright,  so this chapter aligns with the first fic.  Here is where we meet 'Owning The Player' chronologically