Plans for a Wedding

With the couple not wanting to wait another day, the preparations for wedding began soon after. Gustavo watched as Mikhael and Alexander were trying to tie the ends of the banner. They were all quite hands on with the wedding preparations. He turned away. In the hall, Juan and Este were cuddling, excited murmur going on with Syrus sitting on Juan's chest. They three seemed to make a strong team.

"Old man, we will have a designer here in five minutes. You ready?" asked Athen.

Gustavo gave a small amused nod.

"Go check on Flore for me, will you?" asked Gustavo.

Athen nodded and went up.

-----------

Athen found Flore looking at the picture of their mother.

"I have never taken you to be someone who wallows or to feel unnecessary guilt. But here you are," said Athen as he wrapped his arms around Florentino, tucking his head on the his shoulder.

"I was just - She didn't have to accept me and yet she did. You know neither me nor Flore would have held it against her if she despised us for our emotional affair and yet, she didn't. She was fully supportive. Hell she agreed to stay here even after we get married and while she finds her love. Just so that we won't miss Alexander and Alexo us. I have always felt guilty for loving Gustavo. Not anymore. He really is mine now but I can't stop feeling like I took so much away from her when she was here," said Florentino. He didn't know why he was telling Athen all this, he is one of the youngest.

But this needed to be said and he cannot hold it in anymore.

"I can probably tell you that you are being stupid, which you are. But I am not going to tell you that. Contrary to popular belief among traditionalists, you really cannot choose who you fall in love with. It was not your fault then and it is not now. You both did not break that marriage. You held true to your friendship to mom and she , I am sure absolutely loves you for that. If she was anything like brother, she is probably rolling her eyes at you now," said Athen.

"Well said. Jen must be exasperated at the moment. You go along, Athen, I will bring this one down," said Izabel.

"Yes mama," said Athen and left with a small smile.

------------

The preparations went faster than expected. Gustavo and Florentino had a huge task, picking their best man. Florentino wanted to ask Alexander but he didn't want to take the option away from Gustavo.

"I am asking Mikhael. He is my oldest son-in-law. I think, Miguel would be okay too because the kid really wants the younger ones to understand that they are my family too. And to be honest, Mikhael reminds me a lot of myself," said Gustavo.

Florentino smiled.

"I want to ask Alexo. That's settled then," he said and leaned into Florentino's arm.

--------------

Mikhael was rocking Milan gently when Gustavo walked in. He raised an eyebrow in surprise  but went onto hand him over to Jules who looked at his father in askance to only get a wink in response.

"Mikhael, I wanted to ask you to be my best man at the wedding," said Gustavo.

"Me? What about Alexander?" asked Mikhael surprised as he poured them both a drink. Jules who looked overwhelmed pinched Mikhael who raised his hand defensively and kept the bottle away.

Gustavo snorted.

"Right, he keeps me in line," said Mikhael.

"I can tell," said Gustavo.

"I will be your best man. Thank you, that means a lot," said Mikhael taking a sip.

"Thank you, kid," said Gustavo taking a swig himself. Flore will probably smell it on him.

"You going to be kicked out of your bed?" asked Mikhael nodding to the drink.

"Maybe," said Gustavo amused.

--------------

Alexander was teaching Syrus who was doing his writing exercises. He held his hand above Syrus's and helped him write and form the right shapes.

"My f is pretty," said Syrus triumphantly. He can already write but had trouble with some letters which Alexander is now helping him with.

"Yes, it is," smiled Alexander, ruffling his hair. Zy was fast asleep next to them. Miguel was also asleep on the sofa by Syrus's side, tired from practice.

The knock was surprising. Alexander left Syrus to write a few more words and found Florentino at the door.

"Dad," said Alexander. He kept calling him dad every chance he got because it felt so right to do that. He knew his mom would approve too. And Florentino smiled, his eyes twinkling.

"Alex, I - I wanted to ask you if you would be my best man at the wedding?" asked Florentino.

Alexander was surprised.

"Yes. I would be honoured," said Alexander without a second thought only to be pulled into a hug by his dad.

"Thank you," said Florentino and then his eyes fell on the three in the sofa. Syrus waved to him before going back to his work. He knew he is not supposed to leave his study table even if they have visitors. This is study time. He was really pouty about the rule at first, but learned to accept and follow it.

"Alright, see you all in the morning," said Florentino and turned.

"Mother would be happy. She loved you and loved father. She would want this to happen. I - I am so happy for you both. I really am. I want you to go into this without any worries weighing you down," said Alexander.

Florentino looked at him for a moment.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that," said Florentino. Alexander gave a small smile.

------------------

Juan was looking at the trees in their orchard to pick a few fruits, a spring on his step. Syrus, Milan, Enzo and Este were running in front. Well, Milan was toddling. He was holding onto Syrus. He has just started walking.

"Right boys. Your hero Juan is going to bring you some fruits. Now be good boys and sit around," said Juan.

All four sheeps obeyed. That's more like it. Juan then picked up peach and guava from the orchard, plucked a few and brought it over.

"Now, Prince Ju has brought you the best of fruits, underlings. Have at it," said Juan and kept the fruits in front of the kids with a flourish. They all clapped and Juan bowed graciously before them.

Juan looked up and saw a few of the guards, associates and Adrian standing there. Really! Must fate be so cruel to him. Of all the people, Adrian saw him make a fool out of himself.

"Hello Juan. Want help with the fruits?" asked Kevin, one of the very flirty associates. He is the young heir of a family. He was practically leering.

"I am sure Don Almaraz wouldn't be pleased to see you groping his younger brother who is still a minor," said Adrian of all people. Kevin went pale and rushed away making excuses. Other decent associates just nodded to him as they followed. His eyes locked on Adrian's but the man just turned to leave.

"Adder. Come over here. You can share the fruits with us," said Syrus.

"Yes Adder," said Este with a welcoming smile.

Juan looked at the little nut cases, horrified. For one they are calling the man Adder - a snake name and secondly, they were inviting him over.

Adrian seemed to look unsure for a moment before he walked over and smiled at the boys.

"Here Add," said Enzo and handed him a guava. The man took it and looked at Juan for a moment before bidding the kids bye.

Juan scowled. Why did mean men have to smell so nice?

----------------

Hahah, soo, ?