Alexander's Brother

Alexander knew he had a lot to make up for to the little one. Este has suffered mentally because of him, more than any child ever should, let alone his brother. Alexander can admit that he had been a total douche bag.

He got an idea from Miguel. A bonding time for the both of them. He looked at Syrus who was gently helping Zyren wear his clothes. Miguel was in his arms as they watched.

"Your sons, they just make me bawl day in day out with how adorable they are," said Miguel.

"Aw, now they are my sons huh?" he said pressing a kiss to Miguel's head.
They looked at each other with a small smile. For a lifetime of sadness, now they were getting their happiness, together.

"I have got your schedule cleared for the day. Go spend some time with Este. The kid needs some reassurance," said Miguel.

"I know I fucked up badly. I will make it up to the kid," said Alexander. Miguel smiled with a small nod.

"And get back home by noon. I will be back from practice and I was thinking we can have some family time. Syre even picked up a movie to watch," said Miguel.

"Sure thing. Don't stretch yourself too much and get injured or anything. You have been practicing too much as it is," said Alexander. Miguel nodded.

"Don't worry about me. I am taking the warts, Athen and Ezra with me. We should be fine. I have asked Andrew to accompany you. He is more familiar with Este than- Miguel broke off looking apologetic.

"Than me. Look how far we have come. I am sure when we met you would have rubbed it in my face," teased Alexander.

"I still might," said Miguel threateningly. Alexander laughed. He watched as Miguel went around getting ready to leave while he himself had the coffee Mig gave him. He can only be grateful every day that he has this, that he has Miguel and the kids, this family. Everything. And he had denied Este a chance to be part of it by being a selfish man. At 37. Shameful, really.

"Did I tell you, Father asked Flore out on a date," said Miguel casually. Wanting to see Alexander's reaction. Alexander promptly spat the coffee.

"He did what?"

Miguel smiled. Alexander looked in awe.

"He really did?"

Miguel nodded. Alexander smiled.

"He better treat Flore well or I will never be able to forgive him," said Alexander.

"I know"

---------------

Este was reading. He was curled into Florentino's arms as they lounged in the hall. Izabel, the nice lady was listening to him reading. She was laying with her head pressed against Florentino's.

He liked cuddling with Florentino too. He is very warm and feels like safety. He looked up when Syrus rushed down and Mig followed with Zyren in his arms. Syrus rushed over and hugged him.

"See you later. It's time for dad's practice," he said. Este nodded smiling back. Mig ruffled his hair and pecked him on his forehead and Zyren waved his hand.

"I will be back before you have to get ready for the date," he told Florentino who nodded with a redness on his face. He saw his big brother was also coming down.

----------

Florentino was increasingly anxious about the date as it is. He realised that Miguel must have told Alexander. The kid was coming down the stairs and was beaming at him much to Florentino's relief.

Alexander hugged Florentino tight. They just stayed like that and Florentino gently ran a hand through his hair comfortingly.

"I am so happy for you," he said in a small voice.

"Just make him grovel and don't take his shit- at all. We all got your back here," said Alexander. Flore gave him an exasperated but fond look.

He looked at Izabel who was beaming too.

"I agree," said Izabel.

"Infact, I have many plans I would like to discuss with you," said Miguel with a wink.

Alexander gave him an exasperated look even as he sat there on his knees hugging Flore. Izabel is their mom, yes and she means everything to them.

But Flore is the person Alexander always ran to when he needed advise. Because there are somethings where only a father can soothe your mind, guide you right. Maybe Alexander is prejudiced, he doesn't care.

Alexander then looked at Este.

"What do you think about a day out with me Este?" he asked only for the kids eyes to go wide like saucers.

---------------

Este was surprised. He pushed up his glass and nodded.

"Yes"

"Come on then, my big boy, let me get you ready for your day out with your big brother," said Florentino fondly and carried Este out. He knew he would soon be too old to be carried so he was not going to complain.

Este was worrying his lips as Flore combed his hair.

"What if big brother don't like me again?" asked Este.

Florentino looked at him.

"Alexander already loves you as his own brother. Don't you just worry about him not liking you. Enjoy the outing," said Florentino and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Este beamed at him.

They got down. Alexander extended his hand and Este took it. They got out. Andrew who was waiting at the car raised his hand for a hi-fi. Este loved doing it. They got into the car and Este let his big brother secure the seat belt around him. He always does it wrong anyway. If he had to do it, it would have been embarrassing.

"So, Este, What do you and father do in free time?" asked Alexander.

"We go see animals. I love animals. Father said mother liked animals too," said Este. He didn't know much about mother. Maybe, big brother can tell him.

"She did. We had many animals back then. More than we have now. In fact, mother had a pet turtle," said Alexander, after a brief pause.

"That's nice. Where is the turtle now?"

"I will show you once we get back home. His name is Ives. He likes Miguel better than me," said Alexander.

"Mig is pretty. He is smart, kind and just wonderful. Of course, Ives likes him," said Este as if it is an established fact. Which it is. Alexander certainly agreed. His Mig is awesome.

"He is"

They went to the zoo in the city. Este was like a child on sugar high once he saw the animals. Andrew was guiding the security staff to set up a safety perimeter around the zoo.

Alexander, very familiar with the exhuberence of children let himself be dragged along with Este's energy.
The kid grew exhausted after running around for 15 minutes.

"You are tired. I will carry you, come over," said Alexander.

"You would?"

Este was surprised.

Alexander just picked up the child and took him to all the exhibits. They bought ice cream too.

"I am sorry for how I behaved with you at first, Este," said Alexander.

"It's okay. You told me why. Besides, Flore says it's natural that brothers fight, get jealous, be petty but still love each other," said Este yawning and curling further into Alexander's broad shoulder, looking like a tadpole in the arms of such a huge man, really. All kids used to look like a tadpole in comparison to Alexander at some point or the other.

"Do you forgive me?" asked Alexander.

"Of course. You are my big brother," said Este like that was reason enough to forgive. In fact, he looked scandalised at the thought of being angry at Alexander. Este is adorable.

"Yes, I am your big brother," said Alexander as he carried the kid back. Andrew by their side as he made faces to make Este laugh.

------------