Not So Perfect Driving Lesson

After stopping by at a burger place for breakfast, Madi and Ian arrive at the high school, New Mushroomton High. As she was finishing her coffee, the girl looks over at the boy next to her and sees him writing something on his notepad. "What're you writing?" she asks him. "Oh, nothing much, just a check list of things to accomplish for today" he said. She looks at the list and reads over. "You're going to try driving?" she asks him. "Yea, I thought I would give it a try, anyway" he replied. Madi nods her head and takes one last sip of her coffee, while looking at the bottom of the list that said 'be like Dad'. She couldn't help but smile slightly. "So, are you going to try driving today?" Ian asks her. Madi almost chokes on her drink as he mentioned that. "What? Oh, um, well, I don't know. You know how I am when I'm behind the wheel" she explained. "Oh come on, Madi, you're going to do great this time, I'm sure about it" he encouraged. Madi still wasn't too sure about it, but she still nodded her head at him, none the less. "Well, we better get to class before the bell rings" she said. As she got up, threw her coffee and other stuff away, she was walking to the school, when she noticed Ian wasn't following her. "You coming?" she asks him. "Oh, uh, yea, I'll be right there. You can go on without me" he replied. "Ok, I'll see you later, then" Madi said. Ian watches her leave and enter the school. He thinks for a moment, and then writes in his notepad 'ask Madi out'. Feeling satisfied, he puts his pen and notepad back in his sweatshirt pocket, and goes to the school with a confident smile on his face.

Timeskip:

A few hours go by, and it was time for driving practice. Madi was not excited about it, at all. She was very nervous to say the least, but did her best not to show it in front of everyone, including Ian. He already left to practice his driving, and the girl was anxiously waiting for her turn. She taps her foot on the ground nervously. Then, she hears the car coming back to the school. The vehicle parks in front of the other students and the people that were in the car exited from it. The goblin instructor exits the car for a moment and said "alright, students, you did very well. But there are some of you that still need some work. Now, we have one more person... Madison McClain?" As she called her name, Madi slightly froze on the spot. She looks towards Ian, and he gives her a smile and a thumbs up. "Ok, you can do this, Madi" she sighed. She goes up to the car and heads to the driver's seat. The instructor goes back in the car while Madi was putting her seatbelt on.

"Alright, now the first thing I want you to do is start the vehicle" the instructor said. "Ok, start the vehicle, not too hard" Madi mumbled. She turned the ignition on, and waited for further instructions. "Good, now put the car into drive and slowly put your foot on the accelerator" the goblin instructed. The anxiety and nervousness started to kick in as Madi puts the car into drive. Then, out of nowhere, she accidentally puts her foot on the accelerator too quickly. She barely drives out of the school driveway and a large truck almost hits Madi and the instructor. Thankfully, Madi steps on the stop pedal just in the nick of time. She then puts the car on park and shuts it off entirely. Her hands start shaking and her breathing becomes irregular. Ian and the other students run over to the car to check on them, while Ian especially checks on Madi. "Madi, are you okay?!" he asks her, very worried. "Yea, I'm fine, never better" the girl breathed. "Ms. McClain, step out of the vehicle and meet me in the office, immediately" the instructor said, as she stepped out of the car. Madi sighs and bangs her head against the steering wheel. "God, I'm so screwed" she muttered, not looking forward to the conversation that's heading her way.