Crossing the Trust Bridge

It was now early morning, and the Guinivere van still drove through the rocky road of the Path of Peril. Barley was singing a nice song while the others were still sleeping in the back. Then, the van hit yet another bump in the road. Because of the impact, it made Madi fall off the backseat and fall right on top of Ian, startling them both awake. Echo and Wilden were also wide awake after that. Both young teens opened their eyes and saw the position that they were in. Both blushing really hard, they scrambled away from each other. "S-Sorry" Madi said, when she gets on her feet. "I-It's okay" Ian said, scratching the back of his head. Wilden gets up on his feet and starts to feel around for everyone, to make sure that they're all here. "Yes, Dad, we're here" the younger teen said to his father. "We're okay, Mr. Lightfoot" the elf girl said as well. As soon as their faces turned back to their color, they move up to the front of the van. "Well, good morning to you all. Welcome to the Path of Peril" Barley said. Ian and Madi look around and see that the path before them is just grass and rock. "It doesn't look much like a path" Madi said. "Well, they haven't really done any construction out here. We could run into anything, like centiquars, wolf dragon, gelatinous cube" the older brother said. "Okay, what is a gelatinous cube?" Ian asks him.

While Barley was explaining what a gelatinous cube is, Madi starts to get a buzzing feeling in her head. She quietly hisses in slight pain, holding her head in her hand. She didn't know what this feeling was, but she felt like it was warning her about something. About what, she can't say for sure. Echo sees this nudges her head against her leg, chirping concernly. Madi looks down at the dragon, and gently pets her head. "It's okay, Echo. It was probably just a little headache-" the girl was about to say, but when she looks up ahead, her eyes suddenly widen. Ian looks ahead, also, and both young teens shout out "Barley, stop!!" The older did just that, just barely stopping right at the edge of a wide gap. They all exit the van when Barley backed up a few feet away from the edge. "What is that?" Ian asks, looking at the pit. "A bottomless pit. Whatever falls in there, falls forever" Barley replied. Madi looks down at the pit, with Echo sitting on her shoulder. She moves back a little, breathing deeply, for she was not a huge fan of heights.  'Was that feeling trying to tell me about this?' she thought, her brows furrowed as she thought of this. Ian looks over at her and sees the confused, thoughtful and slightly fearful look on her face. He walks over to her and asks "hey, you okay, Madi?" "Uh, y-yea, I'm fine just-" she said. Then, Wilden walks forward, not seeing where he was walking. The three teens grabbed him just before he can fall into the pit. While Madi goes to put the top half back onto the legs and Ian goes to put him back in the van, Barley said to them "Ian, Madi, check it out. This is an ancient drawbridge. We lower that bad boy, and we are on our way to Raven's Point". The younger teens walk back and they look around for a lever. "Found it, but it's on the other side" Ian said, pointing it out. "What are we going to do now?" Madi asks. The elf boy looks at his staff and sighs a little. "Alright, I got this" he said, rather confidently. He looks over at the elf girl that stood beside him, who watches what he was going to do (Oooo, he's wanting to impress her). "Aloft Elevar" he said, casting the levitation spell on the bridge, but it didn't work.

Madi and Ian turn to see Barley holding in his laughter. "You can't cast a levitation spell that far away. It only has like a fifty meter enchanting ratius" he explains, while his brother gives him a 'really?' look. "How come you didn't say that before?" the elf girl said, a slight annoyed look on her face. "It must've slipped my mind. But no worries, what we need is a trust bridge. It's a spell that creates a magical bridge that you can walk on. Just say Bridgeragor Invisia" the older brother explains. "Okay" Ian mutters. He casts the said spell, but no bridge appeared. "It didn't work" he said. "Oh, the magic's still going, you just got to believe that it's there" Barley tells him. "What are you talking about? There's nothing there" said the elf girl. "Well, you won't know it's there unless you step on it" said the older brother. "Step on what?" Ian asks. "If you believe that its there, then its there" said Barley. "But it's not" the younger teen boy argued. "We're not seeing a bridge, Barley" Madi also said. "Well, not with that attitude you're not" the older teen tells them. "I'm not gonna step out onto nothing" Ian said. Barley ponders for a moment, and then an idea came to him.