The Curse Crusher

After a while of driving, Laurel, Corey, Cadence and Mallory got to a small pawn shop at a nearly empty parking lot. The Manticore tells the three elf women about the Phoenix Gem and the curse within it, how it'll take the form of a terrifying beast and destroy anyone that holds the gem. That made the mothers feel nervous and scared for their children, but Corey reassures them that the only way to stop the curse was to use her mighty sword called the Curse Crusher. Alas, the Manticore didn't have it with her, for she sold it a few years ago due to tax trouble. So, that's why the four women were here, to get the sword back.

"So, this is the place?" Mallory asks Corey, clutching her brown satchel bag. "Yep, this is it" replied the Manticore. "And you're sure that this sword can stop the curse?" asked Cadence. "Absolutely. If we don't get that sword, then your daughter and your sons are doomed" Corey said to her and Laurel. Laurel looks at the two women and sees the worried look on their faces. She can tell that they're worried about their daughter. "Don't worry, I'm sure Madi is alright. She's a smart girl, and she knows how to handle herself. Besides, she has the boys with her, so she'll be okay" she said, comforting the worrying moms. "We know. We just can't help but worry about her.  Same goes for Ian and Barley, too" Cadence said. Laurel smiles warmly at them. "I'm worried about them too, just like I am for Madi, but I'm sure that they're going to be okay" she said. Cadence and Mallory returned the smile, feeling some better. "Yea, your kids are pretty brave, especially your daughter and the skinny boy. Oooh boy, did they really tell me off" Corey replied. With that being said, the four women go into the store to get the sword they needed.

Timeskip: Haven't had one of these in a while

The owner of the pawn shop, a gremlin lady, brings out a weird looking object, which obviously was not the sword that the three mothers and the Manticore were looking for. Corey reminds her of that, and the owner goes back to looking. Then, in her hands, was the sword itself, the Curse Crusher. "Yes, that's it!!" Laurel said, her eyes widening in happiness. "That's what we're looking for!!" Cadence exclaimed. "How much for it?" Mallory asks the gremlin lady. "Hmm, I'm going to say probably uh... ten" she replied. As Laurel was going through her wallet for the right amount of cash, Corey was muttering to herself about the value of the sword, perking the gremlin's interest. Just before the Manticore can even touch the handle, the gremlin places her hand on the blade, stopping her from doing so. "Apparently, this sword is the only one of its kind throughout all the land. So, it's going to be ten...thousand" she said, laughing in the end.

"What? Ten thousand? You can't do that?!" Laurel tells her. "Well, I just did" said the gremlin, hands on her hips. "But we need that sword to save our kids" Cadence said, very upset. "Hey, not my problem" the gremlin lady said. Before Laurel could say anything else, her phone starts ringing. Recognizing the ringtone to be Colt's, she takes the call. While she spoke to her boyfriend, Mallory confronts the gremlin owner. "Now listen, ma'am, me and my wife, and our friends are trying to find our kids and stop this curse from happening. Have you no heart to-" "Look, if you have the money, then I can't help you or the winged, scorpion, bear lady" the owner interrupts. "Excuse me, it's winged, scorpion, lion lady" Corey corrects her. Holding her hand over her phone, Laurel tells her "listen, we need that sword. My sons have a one chance to see their father and-" Before Laurel can continue, Corey uses her tail to paralyze the gremlin owner. "Son of a-you killed her!!" She said to her, while Mallory and Cadence's eyes widen, mouths agap. "It's okay, she's only temporally paralyze" the Manticore tells her. "Hey, you can't do that!!" said the gremlin lady. "I just did" said Corey. "Quick, take the sword" Mallory tells her. "We're so very sorry about that, ma'am" Cadence said. "Yeah, here's some of cash for you're troubles, and a little bit extra too" said Laurel, handing the gremlin owner some money and quickly leaving the pawn shop with the others.

The four women cheered at that moment. "Woo, that was amazing" Mallory said. "I know, it was totally amazing" Cadence said as well. Unaware that Laurel still has her phone on, Colt was very confused as to what just happened, as he calls his girlfriend's name. "Oh, sorry Colt, we need to get going now, talk to you later. Love you, bye!" Laurel said to her boyfriend before hanging up. As they got back in the car, Corey turns to Cadence and Mallory, who were seated in the back. "You know, your daughter is a lot like you guys. Yea, she's a bit shy and nervous, but she knows how to speak her mind. You two are very lucky to have a kid like her" she tells the two moms. They looked at each other for a brief moment and then back at the Manticore, smile softly at her. "Thanks, Corey, that's very sweet of you to say" Cadence said. "Yea, thank you. We always taught her not to let anyone get the better of her, and to already stick up for others who are in need" said Mallory. Laurel smiles at that tender moment, but then said "alright, lets go find our kids" to them. With that being said and done, they drive out of the parking lot and back out to the express way.