Escaping the Pixie Dusters

Madi goes with Ian to retrieve Barley, before things got too serious. The older brother was just telling the sprites how they can just fly rather than just using bikes and such, which the sprite took offence by that, thinking that Barley was calling her lazy and disrespecting her ancestors. Before she could do anything to him, Ian picks him up, quickly apologizing to the sprites. While trying to walk away, Wilden accidently knocks over the parked motorcycles, blocking the store entrance where the other sprites were at. "Hey, you're dead!" The sprite leader shouted at them. Ian then runs away from them, grabbing Madi's hand and running back to Guinivere. Wilden and Echo follow close behind them. They get to the van, and Ian hurriedly puts some gas in the gas tank. "Come on, come on" he repeated. Madi and Barley tried to open the passenger door, but it was locked. "The door won't open!" the elf girl said. "What?! Where are the keys?!" Ian shouted. They look in the van and see the keys in the ignition. "In there, don't worry I got this" Barley said to the younger teens, as he climbs through the nearly closed window. Madi then hears roaring motorcycles coming from a distance. She turns her head and sees bright lights from around a corner. Echo hides herself behind Madi's legs, scared of the loud noises. "Barley, hurry, they're on their way here!" she said to the older brother. "Come on, hurry Barley" Ian rushed. Barley goes to unlock the passenger door as quickly as he could. When the lock was unlocked, Ian let Madi and Echo go in first, then his father, then him. "Go, go, go" he said. "Um, Ian?" Madi said, looking at the driver's seat. Ian looks at where his friend/crush is looking and sees his brother is too small to reach the gas pedal and the wheel. Barley looks between the two. "Oh, no, no, no" they both said. "Well, one of you has to" he said to them.

Not taking much time to decide, Ian goes over to the driver's seat while Madi sits in the passenger's. The elf boy tries to start the van, but it wouldn't start. "It's not starting, why isn't it starting?!" Madi asks. "I don't know, Barley?!" Ian said. "Just keep turning, not too soft, but not too hard, just right in the middle" Barley tells him. The elf girl turns her head and she sees the motorcycles coming closer. "Uh, guys, they're getting closer!" she panicked. "Come on, Guinivere!" the elf boy said. After he said that, the van springs to life. "Yes!" Ian shouts as he begins to drive away. They go up to the express way, and Ian gets nervous about entering the highway. "You're gonna have to merge into traffic" Barley tells him, getting on his shoulder. "I-I'm not ready" he said. "You'll never be ready, now merge!" said the older brother. "Come on, Ian, you can do it!" Madi said. Taking as much courage as he could muster, the younger teen merges into traffic. "Way to go, Ian" the elf girl cheered. "Yeah, whoo hooo!" Barley cheered also. The happy moment was cut short when they hear the sounds of the sprites motorcycles coming towards them. One of them swings a chain at the van, hitting it on the side. "Oh God, they're really trying to kill us!" Madi said. Barley goes over to Madi's side, rolls down the window and shouts "hey, don't hit Guiny!" "Barley, get back in here!" Madi said, grabbing him by the shirt and pulling him back in the van.

Barley then tells his younger brother to turn to the left. "You don't have a turning signal" Ian says to him. "Stick your hand out to signal your turn" the older brother tells him. He goes to do that, but his hand was caught by the chain. "Ian!" Madi screams. Barley goes out the window to try to remove the chain off of Ian's hand. Then, a motorcycle goes by Madi's window, the sprites staring menacingly at her. Before she had time to react, one of them jumps off the bike and tries to attack her, but Echo jumps in front of her, using her fire breath on him. That made the sprite move backwards and back on the bike, his face burned and his beard frazzled. Also because of that action, that made the bike spiral out of control and fall behind. Echo growls at the fallen sprites, but when she looks back at Madi, she smiles and pants, wagging her tail happily. "Good girl" she said to her.

"Madi, are you alright?" Ian asks her, turning his attention towards her for a brief moment while still driving. "Yea, I'm okay- look out!" She screamed, as another motorcycle comes up on Ian's side and the sprites jumped right into the van. They started grabbing on Ian's and Madi's faces, Barley fighting one of them, and Echo was trying to get them off her back. Madi tries to remove them off her, but it proved to be a challenge. The van keeps swerving on the road as the sprites keep on attacking the small group. "Ian, you're gonna need to stay focused" Barley tells his younger brother. "I can't!" He said to him. "You're gonna have to or we're all dead!" said the older brother. "How can we when there's these guys attacking us!" Madi said. "Listen, you two just need to stay cool!" Barley said while he is being strangled by a sprite. Upon hearing that, both Ian's and Madi's eyes widen as they look at the button that turns on the air conditioner. The girl pushes it and all the sprites flew right off of them. "Way to go, Guinivere!" Barley said, hanging onto Echo by the horn, but he slips out of her grasp. Thankfully, Ian manages to grab him before he flew away.

They weren't safe quite yet, though, for one last motorcycle remains, and it's the one where the sprite leader was on. She tells her fellow bike members to step on it, and step on it they did. The three teens look up to see the route they were suppose to turn to, and look at the road they were suppose to take. "We're not gonna make it!" Madi almost screams, clutching onto Echo with her dear life. Gathering whatever courage he had in him, Ian steps on the gas pedal, sticks his hand out, and turns to the left. They all screamed as they just barely get to the road. They had successfully managed to get away from the motorcycle bike gang.

Yay, the group got away from the Pixie Dusters!! Now, before I get started on the next chapter, I want to ask you guys a question. When it comes to the Lightfoot brothers using the disguise spell, should Madi have a disguise as well? If so, who do you want her to be? Or would you just want her to remain in the van so that Echo won't make to much noise? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. Love you all and have a good day/night!