Mom Squad/Manticore Team Up

As the Guinivere van drove away from the tavern, Barley was complementing Ian on how he casted the spell. Madi was impressed with him as well. "I can't believe that worked" he said, moving up to the front seat. "That was amazing, Ian, you're totally gonna nail that spell now" the elf girl said to him, sitting between the two brothers. Ian felt a blush grow on his face as she said that. "Thanks Madi, but we still don't have a map" he said to her. "True, but we have this" Barley said, presenting the kids menu from the tavern. Both Ian and Madi sigh. "The kids menu?" Madi asks questionably. "Look, you two, on a quest, you need to use what you got, and this is what we got" the older brother said. He then shows the name 'Kayla' on top of it, who Madi and Ian think did this. Ian takes the menu from him while saying "well, according to Kayla, we have to go to-" "Ravens Point" Madi finishes. Both young teens look at each other, then Ian takes out a road map and the two search for the said location.

"Ah, there" Madi said, pointing at the top right corner of the map. "Yes, the gem must be in the mountain. We can get there by tomorrow morning" Barley said. Ian looks back at his brother, surprised. "Tomorrow morning!" he said. Madi puts a hand on his shoulder and said "that still gives you guys plenty of time with your dad". They look behind them to see Wilden just sitting on the backseat, while the baby dragon played with his feet. "Yea" Ian sighed. He then suggests that they should take the express way, which would be quicker. Madi nods her head in agreement. As they get to a stoplight, Barley hums as he said "hmm, that seems too obvious. On a quest, a clear path is never the right one" The young teens look at the older one, not understanding what he meant by that. As Barley explains about that saying, the baby dragon goes up to Madi and nuzzles her head against her thigh. The elf girl looks down and the dragon gives her a cute chirp. Madi smiles slightly and goes to pick up the purple reptile, petting her head while doing so.

"So, my gut is telling me, that we should take the Path of Peril" Barley said, drawing a line on the map. "But the express way is faster" Ian argued. "Yea, I agree with Ian on this" Madi replied. "Not on the long run" said the older brother. "Look, we know you want this to be like one of your adventure games, but all that matters is that we get as much time with dad as much as possible" Ian said to him. While he said that, Wilden gets up from the backseat and moves up to the teens. He then places his foot by Barley's, who taps his foot reassuringly. "Like he said, we should take the express way to Ravens Point" Madi exclaim. "Yea, you're right. But if you lovebirds end up in a Gelatinous Cube, you two are on your own" Barley said to them. Upon hearing him calling them lovebirds, Ian and Madi instantly blushed. "Barley!" Ian almost screamed. "What? I'm only stating the truth" Barley explains as the light turns green. Ian puts his hands on his head and Madi hid her blushing face on the baby dragon's back, which the little winged reptile could only look between the two in confusion.

Meanwhile, Laurel, Cadence and Mallory were still searching for their kids, but could not find any trance of them. All three mothers were worried about their safety. As Laurel was driving, she gets a call from her boyfriend, Colt Bronco. She answers it while Mallory and Cadence look out the windows. "Hey" she said. "Just checking in, did you catch up to the boys and Madi yet?" Colt asks her. "No, not yet, but I'm a little worried because we had a family issue come up. This just isn't like Ian to run off, I mean Barley yes, but not Ian" she explains. "Yea, and Madi has never run off like that, either" Mallory replied, her hand on her wife's hand. "That's true" Cadence said. "Look, girls, it's late, you shouldn't be out late looking for them" Colt said. Laurel sighs and said "I know, it's silly. I'm sure they're probably on fire". When she said that, they come up to the tavern, seeing that it's on fire. "Fire!" all three women shouted. "The building's on fire" Cadence said, immediately getting out of the car, with Mallory and Laurel following behind her. They go up to some people, asking them about their children.

"Please, we're looking for three teenage elves!" Mallory said. Then, from behind them, they hear someone say that encountered three teenage elves. They turn and see Corey sitting on the curve, blanket wrapped around her shoulders and drink in her paws. They go up to her, moving past the crowded people. "Those are my sons!" Laurel said. "And the girl is our daughter!" Cadence said as well. "Where did they go?!" Mallory asked the manticore. "They went on a quest to find the Phoenix Gem. But don't worry, I told them about the map, told them about the gem, told them about the curse" she said to them, but she then widens her eyes in fear as she suddenly realizes the last part. "Oh no, I forgot to tell them about the curse!Your kids are in danger!" she exclaims. "What?!" Cadence screams, as Mallory tries to calm her wife down. Then, an officer comes and says "this one's gone a little (cuckoo whistle)". "Listen, I can help you find your kids" Corey said. "Uh uh, you're not going anywhere. We got questions for ya" the officer said, taking the manticore away. "I know where they're going, we can still stop them" she shouts out to them.

"Oh no, what do we do? Madi and the boys are in danger and we don't have a clue where they're heading next" Cadence weeped. "It's okay, honey, I'm sure they're fine" Mallory comforted, wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Laurel places her hand on her shoulder, but then, she looks at the ambulance truck beside them, and an idea pitches in her head. The other women look and watch Laurel grab the first aid kit and bring it to Corey. They give each other confused looks, but decide to go along with her. Just when Corey was done giving her name, Laurel goes up to her and the officer and said "hold on, you're right she is gone a little (cuckoo whistle). It's no wonder with a wound like that!" As she said that, she points to a small scratch on the manticore foot. Realizing what their friend was doing, Cadence and Mallory played along.

"That's just a scratch" the officer replied. "Oh, sorry, do you know anything about minotaurs" Mallory said, but was corrected by Corey. "Manticores? Well you should know that when their blood is exposed to air, it makes them go crazy" Mallory explained. Corey was about to object to that when Cadence tells the officer "see, she's alrighty losing grip on reality". "Yes, so why don't you let us save her life before it costs yours" Laurel says to him. "Alright, alright, sheesh" the officer said. Laurel has Corey sit on the police car, to make it seem like she's inspecting the wound. She then tells Mallory to get the burned up manticore costume and put on the vehicle. They then move Corey away to sneak into Laurel's car without being seen. Once they were far enough away, Laurel looks at Cadence, who sat next to her on the passenger's seat, then at the rearview mirror, where Corey and Mallory were seated. "Alright, how do we help out kids?" Laurel asks the manticore. Corey, who was laying on her side, looks at the three women and smiles at them. "Ooo, I'm gonna like you guys" she said. Mallory, who sat very uncomfortably close to the car for, mutters "don't think I'm enjoying this, not one bit". With that said, the four women drive off to search for the three teens.