Meet Corey the Manticore

Last time: "a map? I thought you said she had the gem?" "Hah, you're so cute. You hear that Dad? He's a smart kid, just doesn't know how quests work" Barley laughed. Madi goes up to him, while still holding the baby dragon and asked "is there anything else you're forgetting to tell us?" "Hmm, no" he replied. He then goes to open the door and....

Before them, a family sings happy birthday to a little girl, who had the brightest smile on her face. All three of them stood there silently for a bit. Madi and Ian turn their faces towards Barley, expecting an explanation. "Ok, so the place has been renovated over the years, but the Manticore is the real deal" he explains. They look around and see some kids playing games and families enjoying themselves. They then approach a cyclops hostess and Barley said "madam, we request an audience with the Manticore" "But of course, my lord" she replied as she takes out a horn and blows it. Then, a person wearing a manticore costume comes up to the group to give a big hug. He goes up to Ian for a hug, but he just moves away from him. The 'manticore' then goes over to Madi, who tries to do the same thing, but wasn't as lucky as her friend/crush was. She was then engulfed by the hug. Both her and the baby dragon were very uncomfortable. "I don't think this is what he meant by the manticore" Madi breathed.

Barley helps remove them out from the hug and Ian goes right beside them to make sure that they're ok. The baby dragon then moves onto Madi's shoulders and growled at the person, but Madi calmed her down with a few pets on her head. "No, no, I meant the real manticore" Barley said to the hostess, which caused the guy in the costume to let out a sad sigh. "You mean Corey? She's over there" she said, pointing behind her. Madi, Ian, Barley and the baby dragon look at where she's pointing, which was the kitchen doors. Then, out of the doors, comes the Manticore herself, carrying some fine in her arms and tail. "Quick, somebody help me! This griffin nuggets were suppose to go out ten minutes ago!" she said, as people came to help her. This Manticore, was not what Madi and Ian were expecting. "That's the Manticore?" Ian said, in a questionable voice. "I was thinking the same thing, to be honest" Madi said in the same tone. Barley goes up to her and bows down to her. "Oh great and mighty Manticore, we've come to-" he was about to say, but was interrupted by Corey. "Woah, sir, you're right in the hot zone" she said, holding some more food in her hands.

Then, a goblin wearing a wizard's outfit comes in through the kitchen doors. "You're late again, Adolphis" Corey said (I don't know if that's how the guy's name is spelled, so I'm just gonna leave it at that). The goblin speaks in another language as he irreparably talks to the Manticore. "I understand that there's traffic, but you really need to plan for that" she said to him. The goblin talks back to her in his own tongue. "Well maybe your mother should have her own car" Corey replied back to him. She sighs as Barley goes to approach her again. "Um, your fearlessness" he said, causing Corey to jump a little. "My brother and companions and I seek a map to the Phoenix Gem" he continued. "Oh, well you've come to the right tavern. I have the parchment you desire right here" Corey said, as she hands the food to another server and walks over to a shelf. There, she presents a kids menu to them. "Behold!" she said.

"Uh, that's a children's menu" Madi said, awkwardly smiling at it. "Isn't that fun. I made these based on my old maps" Corey said to her. She goes back to the shelf and brings out a box of crayons. "The great Manticore sends you off on your adventure with a hero's blessing, and hears some crayons" she said, tossing the crayons to Ian. He goes to catch them, but they just drop from his hands. Madi then goes to help pick up the crayons and put them back on a counter. "That's very amusing, your dominance, but might you have the real map?" Barley asked. "Huh, oh yea, yea, it's right over there" Corey said, not really paying much attention. The teenagers turned around and see the real map pinned on the wall. Ian and Madi smile as they see it. "This is it" Ian said, moving towards it, with Wilden and Madi next to him. Barley removes the map off the wall and examines it. "Perfect" he said with a smile on his face. Corey sees this and goes to take the map away. "Woah, woah, what are you doing? You can't take this" she says to them. Madi kind of steps a foot forward and said "but we have to, so that they can bring back the rest of their father".