Driving Away from the Cops

Madi couldn't believe what was happening right at this very moment. She was one hundred percent certain that this was the most craziest thing she's ever done in her life. "Whoo, look at that, Madison McClain breaking the rules" Barley said, nudging her shoulder. "I cannot believe I'm doing this, I'm driving from the cops!" Madi shouted. "You're not driving from the cops, you're driving from our mom's boyfriend" he tells her. He spoke too soon, however, as several more showed up in front of them. "Okay, now you're driving from the cops" he said. "Oh great" the elf girl muttered. She turns to an old fence, drives over it and drives through a field. "This is crazy!" Ian said, gripping onto his seat. "I hundred percent agree with you" Madi said. Wilden and Echo were moving around in the back, going from side to side. The baby dragon chirps and moves up to Ian, jumping onto his lap. While the elf boy tried to sooth her, Madi sees the cops catching up to them. She looks and sees a rocky road just a few feet from her left. "Hold on" she said to the brothers as she turns over to the road. Hers and Ian's faces had a nervous look upon them while Barley's expression was excited and cheerful. She drives through the road, going very fast to escape the cops. Once they were far away enough, Madi finally manages to feel at ease as a sigh escapes her lips and a small smile appears on her face. "This is amazing, you're actually driving, Madi!" Ian tells her. "Yea, woo hoo, this is awesome! You should definitely try conquering your fear of heights next" the older brother said. The elf girl rolls her eyes a little and said "okay, lets not over do-aaah!!" As she said this, Madi abruptly stops the van as there was a road closed sign in front of her. She tried to back up and drive away, but saw that the police cars are catching up to them.

The three teens, Wilden and Echo exit the van, the baby dragon moving onto the elf girl's shoulder. "Ooh, I can't believe this, I shouldn't have driven away" Madi said, panic in her voice. "Hey, it's okay, you did fine" Ian said to her, comforting her. "Yea, you were great" Barley said as well. He looks up at a large ledge full of boulders and tells his brother "here, block the road with those boulders". "What? How do I do that?" he asks him. "Arcane Lightning" the older brother replied. "What! You said that was the hardest spell!" Ian exclaimed. "You are ready. To make lightning strike with ease, one must follow all decrees" Barley explains. Ian looks up at the ledge and tries to cast the spell. "Voltor Thundersteer" he said, but only a little bolt shot out of the staff. "Come on, Ian, you can do it" Madi whispered. The elf boy repeated the words a couple more times, but still, nothing happened. "I can't, I can't do it. We're not gonna see you, Dad...and it's all my fault" he said, his voice full of hurt and sadness. Madi could only place her hand on his shoulder in comfort, and then gently bringing him into a hug, which slightly surprised him a bit. "It's okay, Ian. It's not your fault, we tried everything we could" she tells him. Echo nudges her snout against his cheek, comforting him the best way she can. Ian said nothing, as he simply wraps his arms around the young teen girl, returning the kind gesture. Then, they hear music coming from the van. They turn around and they see Barley picking up a rock on the ground. "What are you doing?" Ian asks his older brother, removing himself from the warm embrace, but has his arm still wrapped around Madi's waist. The older teen said nothing as he places the rock on the gas pedal within the vehicle. The younger teens moved out of the way as the van drives past them. They watch as the Guinivere van drives off towards the ledge, one of the tires popping while doing so, making it look like it was galloping like a horse. Ian and Madi's eyes widen as the van drives up a ramp like structure and hits the ledge. The boulders came falling down, blocking the road and crushing the vehicle into bits and pieces. 

Ian and Madi turn their attention to Echo, who has jumped off of the elf girl's shoulders and starts sniffing at a headlight piece from the van. Barley picks the item up and looks at it with sadness. "Barley" the younger brother said. "I'm very sorry" the girl replied. "It's okay, guys. She was just a beat up old van" the older brother tells them. He places the piece in his inside vest pocket and goes to go get Wilden. Madi notices Ian's arm still wrapped around her waist, causing her to blush. She clears her throat, getting the young teen boy's attention. He sees where his hand was, blushes, and removes it instantly. "S-Sorry" he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I-It's okay. I don't mind actually" she replied. Ian's eyes widen when he hears this. "Really?" he asks in wonder. Madi simply nodded her head at him. The elf boy blushes and relaxes a bit. "O-Okay, we should probably get going?" he said, extending his hand out to her. The elf girl smiles and takes his hand into hers. Then, they continued their way on foot, going over the road closed sign and crossing the vast field and meadows of the land.