An Almost Confession

Ian and Madi walk up the sidewalk, with Wilden and Echo following close behind them. Ian stops to look back and sighs deeply. Barley then come running up to them with his small legs. "I need to take a breather, my baby legs can't go that fast" he breathed, tired from all the running he did. Ian rolled his eyes, kneels down and grabs his brother by the scruff of his shirt. When he did that, Barley shouts out "look, a gas station!" Ian and Madi look up, and there indeed was a gas station before them. "Oh, good" Ian said. "Wow, good eyes" Madi complemented. "Thank you, oh wait (turns away from them) you two don't need my help" Barley said to them. Ian puts him in his flannel pocket and the group walk up to the station. They get over there, and Wilden taps his foot around, looking for Barley. "Mr. Lightfoot, it's okay, Barley is here, he's with Ian" Madi said to him. "Yea, Dad, I'm still here" Barley said. Then, they hear the sounds of roaring motorcycles coming to the gas station. They turn around and see four of them come up and park at the front of the small building. Madi kind of hides behind Ian while she and the brothers look and see several sprites get off their bikes and make their way into the station. The teens, especially Ian and Madi, give each other nervous looks as they too go into the station. They get in and they see the sprites already making a mess out of the place. Madi tries to stay as close to Ian as much as she can. Ian sensed her nervousness. She was more scared than he was right now. So, he wraps his hand around hers, intertwining their fingers and giving a reassuring grip that lets her know that she's going to be okay. The elf girl looks up at him, and he gives her a reassuring smile, in which she softly returns.

They then go up to the cashier and asks for some gas, as well as some food while their at it. Barley asks Ian if he can go to the bathroom, which he said to be quick about it. Echo stands by Madi and Ian, sitting patiently and waiting for them to finish. Then, one of the sprites goes up to the baby dragon and decides to mess with her a bit. "Hey, watch this" he said to his friend. He then pulls on Echo's tail, causing her to yelp in pain. She turns to see the two laughing sprites, making her start to growl at them. The sprites notices this, and they growl right back at her. Echo didn't back down. She starts to moves towards them, her growling intensifying. The two sprites get nervous and start to run away from her. Before she could give chase, the leader of the sprite biker gang jumps right in front of her, causing Echo to stop dead in her tracks. "What do you think you're doing, mangy, puny lizard!" The leader said, anger in her voice. The baby dragon whimpers, tail between her legs. "Hah! Not so tough now, are ya, runt!" said the leader, as she approaches towards her. Madi hears the dragon's whimpering and sees the sprite getting closer to her. She bends down and instantly picks up the frighten Echo. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Whatever Echo did, she didn't mean to do it" she said to the leader. "You should put that dragon on a leash next time, lady!" the sprite said angrily. "Yea, yea, I can do that, you don't need to worry about that" Madi said. "You better, kid, cause if you don't, there's going to be a lot of problems-" Before the sprite can say anymore, Ian bends down and helps Madi up to her feet. "Hey, sorry, we don't mean any trouble, so we'll just leave now" he said as they exit the small store.

They go over to the gas pump from before and Ian puts some gas in the can. While he did that, he looks over at Madi, who was looking over Echo to make sure she was okay. The elf girl feels the elf boy's stare and she turns her attention on him. "What?" she said, curiously. "Nothing, just, uh...are you okay?" he said. "Yea, I'm alright, thanks for asking" she replied. As Ian finishes filling the gas can, Echo chirps and she walks over to Ian, nuzzling her head against his leg. He chuckles and picks up the baby dragon. "You are a very affectionate dragon, aren't you?" he said to her. She lightly licks his nose, causing him to laugh and pet her head. Madi giggles, thinking the scene before her was cute. "You two look cute together" she said to him. "Yea, well, you're even more cute" he replied. When he said that, Ian and Madi instantly blushed. "S-Sorry, uh, that sounded weird" he apologized, putting Echo back down on the ground. "No, no, it's not weird at all. I just...it's actually nice" Madi said, twirling her hair and tucking it behind her ear. Ian couldn't stop the smile from forming on his face. "Also, the way you twirl your hair and such is also cute, too" he said. The elf girl's face was now as red as a beet at this point.

Echo goes behind her and lets out a big sneeze, making her hit her head against Madi's leg, thus making her fall right into Ian's arms. He catches her and build holds her steady. Madi's blue eyes look up into his auburn brown ones. "S-Sorry" she said. "No, uh, don't be, it's fine" he tells her. The elf girl could feel her heart beating out of her chest as Ian still kept his hold on her. 'Ok, Madi, it's now or never' she thought. She was going to do it, she is going to tell her friend/crush how she truly feels about him. "Ian?" she said, not breaking eye contact with him. "Yes, Madi?" he replied. "There's, um...there's something I've been meaning to tell you" she said to him. "Okay" he said. Madi tried to find her words, but she started to get scared and nervous "I, um, I really...I really l-" Before she could finish, she hears Echo bark beside her. Her and Ian look at the direction where the baby dragon was barking, and they see Barley talking to the sprites. "Oh no" both teens muttered, knowing very well of what's going to happen.

Darn it, she almost did it. Will Madi and Ian ever admit their feelings to each other? Guess we will find out next time. Have a good day/night to you all!!