4

Chae

I was currently in my office. Quite busy I must say, too much workload was piled to me since I have arrived.

"Miss Park?" It was ny secretary Yeri who called.

"What is it Yeri?"

"Mr. Kang had called and requested an impromtu meeting tonight. He said this will be the only time he would be able to meet you."

"Okay. Prepare the team for the presentation as well."

"Copy that ma'am."

Because of the sudden intrusion, I did not eat lunch for the day. I prepared and had a run through with the team so we could get the Mr. Kang as one of the investors.

True to his words Mr. Kang arrived exactly 1 pm. The meeting was expected to end at 4 pm but we had not seen it coming that Mr. Kang was very detailed when it comes to his questions and was very keen on the points mentioned.

In the end, we extended for about an hour and a half. And upon entering my office, I somehow felt a sudden exhaustion that I did not notice that I fell asleep.

It around 7 pm when I woke up due to the vibration of my phone. The caller was my father.

Appa you called.

Of course I would. Jisoo called me asking where were you. You promised the girl a dinner Chae. How could you forget about it?! I slammed my palm to my forehead for my forgetfulness.

Sorry apa! I had very important transaction today that I forgot.

I made an alibi for you already. She is waiting for you so you better be on your way to their house by now.

With that he ended the call. And I immediately gathered my things and went out of the office.

Shit how could I be this forgetful when I was the one who asked her to go out.

About thirty minutes of travel, I had finally arrived to there house. I fixed myself first before ringing the doorbell.

"Chaeyoung." Mrs. Kim ushered me inside. "Jisoo has been waiting."

I nodded shyly at her. Knowing that I had no excuse for being late. She then asked one of their maids to call for Jisoo.

Minutes later a chic girl had descended the stairs.

"I was almost convinced that you won't come and had ditched me fore tonight." She was disappointment as it was evident in her eyes.

I went closer and hold her hands in mine.

"I am sorry. I got so caught up in things that I had forgotten. No excuses will make up for my tardiness. Allow me to make it up to you tonight?" I pleaded. She did not answer but went past me and stood near my car.

"Aren't we going? Or do you prefer gaping at each other as dinner?" Her words snapped we out of reverie and made my way towards the car and opened the door for her and went to my side and drove away.

I was not able to make reservation for tonight. But I would not want to disappoint the girl by my side.

Thus, I am bringing her to my resthouse for tonight.

"This seems far away from the city."

"It is. Don't worry I had texted your dad that you would be spending the night with me that is if you are okay with it?" She just shrugged which made me sigh.

I hope I could nake her happy tonight.