8

Jisoo

"Unnie." I looked at my sister who came into my room.

"Jendeuk." I said patting the empty side of my bed for her to take. "What's the matter?" She shook her head and instead embraced me tightly. "Hey are you crying?" She did not answer but instead her sobs could be heard. I decided to pull away and lift her chin up to see her face.

"Yah why are you like this?"

"I am just sad that you have to marry someone who you don't and you did that to protect my request for you that night." I wiped her tears before answering. "I saw your sincerity in loving Lisa that is why I made the decision to marry Chae instead. And you have nothing to worry I may not love her deeply but in the past few days that I had spend with her was not that bad. You see, she took good care of me."

"And that's the only thing I wished for to happen. That you can find real happiness in this marriage unnie."

"I will Jen..." I smiled at my sister assuring her that I am happy. "Do you wanna cuddle with unnie tonight?" She nodded eagerly. I then scooted and made a space for her to take. It had been a long time since I had cuddled with this mandu.

~~~~~

I slept well last night. Looking at my side, my little sister is still asleep. Knowing that it was a weekend, I did not wake her up and scooted out of bed and made my way downstairs.

"Jisoo." I heard dad call me as he saw me entering the dining hall. "Appa." He signalled me to come outside the garden and I did comply.

"You won't mind if we have breakfast outside do you?" I shrugged indicating either way would be okay for me.

"Is your sister still asleep?"

"Yeah. She is still snoring." I chuckled lightly. It was then that I felt my mother's hand on top of mine making me look at her.

"We know how much you care for Jennie. But this past few days we have been thinking how awful it is to push my daughter to marry in a loveless marriage. I am willing to pull you out from the Park's." I smiled softly to my dad. I know he means but I also know that if he did that he would also lose everything.

"Appa, you are risking to much in doing that. I am okay with it. Besides, Chaeyoung is not that bad. The supposed marriage may be loveless but with how our friendship is going on so far I think we would be okay."

"Chu..." my mom said looking sadly at me.

"You don't need to overthink guys. What I am doing is for our family's welfare but also for my own. Whether I admit it or not I am not the type of person that could see herself in marriage but this agreement had made me think otherwise. I want it to try with her and I am fully aware of it. So do not think that you are forcing me ok?" And they both nodded.

These oldies may seem so cold outside but their love for me and my sister is unconditional. I am not sure what the real future holds with my marriage to Chae but this is the least I could do for these two.