Prologue

As Wei Ying played his flute, he couldn't help but realize...that he really didn't want to let go of Lan Zhan after all the things they've been through together. As he thought about their memories, he played the song that Lan Zhan had played for him in the Tortoise of Slaughter. 

          Meanwhile, Lan Zhan was walking slowly the other way. He really liked Wei Ying, but was too scared of being judged to tell him. Now, he had lost all his opportunities to ever confess to his longtime love. He crouched down, and as he looked up at the sky, tears began welling up. 

          "Wei Ying...you don't know how much you mean to me," Lan Zhan softly murmured to himself. His voice cracked. "You were the only one that ever understood me, ever truly cared about me, and...I don't think I could ever live without you." He started softly crying into his sleeves. 

          After a while, Lan Zhan finally wiped his tears and got himself together. He began walking towards the direction Wei Ying was going. As he walked, he saw a dark figure standing and playing a song all too familiar; WangXian. Suddenly, the figure lowered the flute, sat down, and buried its head into its arms. "That must be Wei Ying," Lan Zhan thought. "I should go find him."

          Lan Zhan ran over to see Wei Ying with tears dripping down his face. "Wei Ying!" he exclaimed. "What happened?" Wei Ying turned around to see Lan Zhan's face and smiled sweetly at him. Lan Zhan could feel his heartbeat pounding faster and faster, as it always did whenever Wei Ying smiled at him. 

          "I don't want to leave you," Wei Ying murmured into his ear. "After everything that we've been through together, I...I want to stay with you forever." Wei Ying's cheeks turned a rosy red as he smiled shyly, unable to meet Lan Zhan's eyes. Lan Zhan smiled back at him. "Wei Ying...I....I don't want to leave you either." Wei Ying looked up, and tears erupted out. "Can I stay with you forever..." he whispered. Lan Zhan nodded. "Yes...I want you to be by my side. Actually no, I need you to be by my side." Wei Ying looked at him, smiled, and buried his face onto Lan Zhan's shoulder.

          "Can we stay like this for a while?" he said. The corners of Lan Zhan's mouth folded upwards into a small smile. "As long as you need." And so they sat there for a while, looking up at the sky together. 

          Soon, Wei Ying had fallen asleep on Lan Zhan's shoulder. Lan Zhan looked at his adorable crush, and couldn't resist the urge to kiss him gently on his lips. Wei Ying stirred slightly. Lan Zhan smiled and let out a soft sigh.

          "I love you. I don't know if you feel like this about me, but I'll always be here for you." he said softly, before carrying him in his arms and headed towards the nearest inn. 

-

-

-

          Author's Note - Hi guys! This is my first story! The story starts off from the last episode of the Untamed, where Wei Wuxian is seen playing the flute. I know that Lan Zhan calls out for him at the end, but heh I changed that a bit 

(hello from the future sorry if you got an update nothing actually updated! i just changed a little something. there (as you all probably figured out) probably won't be any more updates ☹️)