Chapter 17

Lan Zhan was a surprisingly good party planner. Wei Ying was shocked that his cold, party-pooper boyfriend could come up with such an aesthetic design.

"Lan Zhan...this...is perfect!" Lan Zhan nodded. "Mn. I am good at making things look fancy. It will be formal though. No pie smacking." Wei Ying giggled. "Xian Xian knows." Lan Zhan frowned.

"Why are you always referring to yourself as Xian Xian these days?" he asked. Wei Ying paused for a second. "Back when Yanli was alive, she would call me Xian Xian, even as I matured. I don't know why I suddenly remembered it. Maybe I was so scared of losing yet another sister, I wanted to remind myself... It's stupid. I don't know....just when she called me Xian Xian, it would warm my heart. I wanted to see if it feels the same when you say it." Lan Zhan looked at him expectantly. Wei Ying frowned. "What?"

"Does it feel the same?" Lan Zhan asked. Wei Ying smiled and hugged him. "It makes my heart feel even warmer than when Shijie said it. I know its childish...but I really like it." he whispered. Lan Zhan stroked his head.

"If you like it, I'll keep calling you Xian Xian. Whatever makes you happy." Wei Ying lept out of his arms and punched his shoulder gently.

"I still don't understand how such a stoic person could end up being so flirtatious. It's so..." Lan Zhan swept him into his arms and hugged him. 

"Only for you," he breathed. "Xian Xian."

~

Suddenly, the wedding day was here. "Wei Ying, are you ready?" Lan Zhan called. "Ugh- I'll be out soon. I...can't...tie...this...sash." he muttered from another room. "Wei Ying, I'm coming in to help you." Lan Zhan said. "Wai-" Wei Ying called. But it was too late. Lan Zhan had already walked in. 

"..." 

"Do you like it..?" Wei Ying asked nervously. 

"Who are you and what did you do to my husband?" Lan Zhan asked. Wei Ying blushed furiously. "Does it look that bad?"

"You look absolutely gorgeous." Wei Ying was in a dark red robe with small golden patterns embroidered on it. His hair was brushed neatly into a fancy hairstyle, and perfect with a small red ribbon. 

"Help me with the sash," Wei Ying muttered. "I can't tie it. I'm not used to wearing something so...elegant. I bet I look like a mess..." Lan Zhan shook his head.

"You look beautiful. Red and gold suits you." Wei Ying smiled widely. "But you still have to take me to Yunmeng a lot. I'm going to die if I have to eat herbal and medicine-like food for the rest of my life. "I'll cook you Yunmeng dishes every day." Lan Zhan said immediately. Wei Ying paused. "Every day? Lan Er-GeGe, can you even cook?" Lan Zhan nodded furiously. "I'll learn for you." Wei Ying grinned. "Don't go back on your words, Lan Zhan. "Every day means every day." Lan Zhan nodded, his expression not changing at all. "I'll also plant you lotus flowers." Wei Ying raised an eyebrow. "Okay. But still, you have to take me to Yunmeng occasionally." "Of course." Lan Zhan agreed quickly. Wei Ying frowned slightly.

"Why are you agreeing with everything I say?" "You're my husband. I have to make you happy." "But what about you?" "If you're happy, I'm happy." Wei Ying groaned.

"I still don't get how you can be so flirtatious. Also, did you finish tying the sash yet?!" Lan Zhan nodded. "Yes. We should get going. Everyone's waiting."

The couple walked outside towards the back mountain. There weren't as many people as Wei Ying expected.

"Lan Zhan, is this it?" Wei Ying whispered. "Mn. Better keep such an important event more private." Suddenly, a familiar melody started playing. Wei Ying scrunched up his eyebrows.

"This song...Lan Zhan...this is what you sang for me in the Tortoise of Slaughter, right?" Lan Zhan nodded. "Mhn." "Why are you playing it now?" Lan Zhan stared at him, it almost seemed as if he was thinking "Have you still not figured it out?"

"Lan Zhan, why are you staring at me?" Wei Ying questioned. "Do you remember what it's called?" Wei Ying frowned. "I did ask you for the name, but I passed out before I could hear it." Lan Zhan sighed. 

"The song is called WangXian." he said. Wei Ying's eyes widened. "Wang...Xian? Is that a combination of our names?!" Lan Xichen, who was the one playing the song, rolled his eye but smiled. "Wangji will sure have to be a very patient person to deal with him for the rest of his life. But I'm sure he can do it." Xichen thought. 

"Yes, it is. You always wanted to know how I managed to recognize you when you first came back, right?" Wei Ying nodded. "Yes!" "Do you remember what you played for Wen Ning at Dafan Mountain?" Wei Ying thought for a moment. "This very song." he said. Lan Zhan nodded. "Correct. Actually, I originally composed this song just for our ears to hear. So other than you, no one else in the world has heard it, up until then. When I heard you playing it, I knew you had finally come back." Wei Ying's jaw nearly dropped onto the floor.

"Hold on...you recognized me because of a song that you composed?! Honestly, I thought there was a much more complicated reason than that..." Lan Zhan shook his head. "No. Simply the song." "I-I-I..." Wei Ying stuttered nervously. 

"I never thought it would be something like that...am I really the only person that heard it?" "Till the day you played it for Wen Ning." he said, glancing at the Ghost General, who was timidly backing away. Wei Ying erupted into a huge smile.

"Is this why you're always jealous of him?" Lan Zhan blushed furiously, and clapped his hand over his mouth. "Wei Ying! It's our wedding day. Stop being so embarrassing!" Wei Ying giggled. "Then why are you still waiting? Lets start!"