Chapter 25

"AHHHHHH!!!" Wei Ying screamed as he was dangling by his collar in the mouth of the giant dog. "LAN ZHAN!!!" Although he had a hunch that the dog was going to pull him out of the hole, he didn't want to risk possibly getting eaten. The dog ignored his desperate pleas, and kept pulling him. Wei Ying coughed. He felt as if he was getting choked.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps coming his way. They were getting louder and louder. Soon, another face popped in through the hole. Wei Ying almost cried from relief.

"Lan Zhan!" he cried. Lan Zhan's brows were shaped in concern, but he didn't say anything. He reached a hand in to help him. However, Wei Ying was still too far down. The dog began yanking him upwards again. Wei Ying coughed.

"I'm-choking..." he hacked. Lan Zhan bit his lip nervously. Finally, Wei Ying was high enough for Lan Zhan to reach. Immediately, Lan Zhan grabbed his wrist. Knowing that his job was done, the dog released Wei Ying, and Lan Zhan pulled him back up. 

Due to the sudden force, they tumbled accross the grass together. Lan Zhan held Wei Ying tighly in his arms, so tightly that Wei Ying thought that he was getting choked again.

"Lan-Zhan...I-can't-breathe..." he said, gasping for air. Lan Zhan didn't budge.

"You are so stupid," Lan Zhan breathed into his ear. "From now on, I am keeping you by my side. At all times."

~

When Lan Zhan said that he would be keeping Wei Ying by his side, Wei Ying didn't think he meant it so literally. While they walked, Lan Zhan had Wei Ying squeezed tightly between his right arm. Although it slowed down the walking, Lan Zhan didn't seem to care.

"Lan Zhan...we're walking slower than the juniors. Maybe make some space between us?" Wei Ying reasoned. The only reaction that Lan Zhan had was to squeeze him even tighter.

"No," he said. "No walking freely." 

They continued to walk in that direction for a while until Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan, "Why are we walking this way?"

"We've already looked everywhere else for Lady Luo. Now we're going somewhere new." Lan Zhan replied. Wei Ying gulped nervously.

"Ehehe...You see...I know where Lady Luo is..." he said, swallowing. Lan Zhan freezed and glanced at him. 

"Well? Where is she?" he asked. Wei Ying chuckled slowly. 

"Eheh...they were in the hole that I fell in...in other words...in the other direction." Wei Ying mumbled. Lan Zhan inhaled deeply. It seemed as if he was trying his best not to get mad at Wei Ying. 

Wei Ying immediately crumpled to his knees. "Lan Er-Gege, please don't get mad at me! I'm sorry!" he cried. Lan Zhan's face immediately softened and helped him up.

"It's okay. But let's go alone. I do not want to tire the junior's anymore." he said. Wei Ying nodded.

~

"You guys stay here. Don't move. We'll be back soon. If anything happens, you have the emergency signal." Wei Ying told the juniors. Sizhui nodded.

"Yes, Dad. You can trust me." he said firmly. Lan Zhan nodded in approval, and turned towards Wei Ying.

"It will take too long to travel back on foot. We will ride the dog." he said, promptly taking Wei Ying into his arms and lifting him up onto the dog before Wei Ying could protest. Wei Ying's face changed immediately.

"No...Lan Zhan! I'm scared!" he cried. Lan Zhan heaved himself up, behind Wei Ying, and brought his arms tightly around Wei Ying's body.

"Do not be scared. I am here. Nothing will happen," he reassured him. Wei Ying nodded shakily, but he was still trembling. 

As they rode the dog back towards the ditch Wei Ying had fallen in, Wei Ying felt himself beginning to relax. He let his body lean against Lan Zhan's and played with his long, slender fingers.

"Lan Zhan, can we give this dog a name? I'm tired of calling it "beast" or "big-scary dog," he said. Lan Zhan nodded. "Mhn. What would Wei Ying like to name it?" Wei Ying pondered for a moment.

"The name needs to suit him. So I was thinking something like "Fluffy!" he giggled. Lan Zhan blinked.

"Does "Fluffy" suit him?" he asked doubtfully. Wei Ying burst into another fit of laughter.

"Look at how much fur this rascal has!" he said, stroking carefully. Lan Zhan frowned. "What happened to your phobia of dogs?" he asked. Wei Ying turned towards him, and gave him a sweet kiss on his nose.

"When I have Lan Zhan by my side, I'm not scared of anything. Even dogs. So you better not hop off and leave me with Fluffy alone," he said, his sweet voice suddenly turning solemn. Lan Zhan slowly kissed Wei Ying's ear, moving slowly across the side of his face until their mouths interlocked.

"I will never leave you alone," he breathed once they separated. Wei Ying licked the saliva off and gave Lan Zhan a playful push.

"Lan Zhan...I already told you to warn me before you do something sappy!" he said shyly. Lan Zhan touched his lips.

"I am going to give you a hug," he said seriously, proceeding to give Wei Ying a hug, moving his hands along Wei Ying's robes. Wei Ying couldn't help but to let out a laugh.

"Lan Zhan! It tickles!" he giggled. Lan Zhan immediately let go.

"Sorry," he said apologetically. "I got distracted." Wei Ying stroked his cheek.

"It's okay. Remember, between us, there are no 'thank you's' and 'sorries'." he said cheekily.

~

Finally, they got back to the ditched, where Lan Zhan flew down on Bichen, grabbed the bodies of Lady Luo and her husband, and flew back out of the ditch. They rode back promptly to where Jin Ling and Sizhui were.

A/N: Hi guys! I kind of want to start a new WangXian fanfic (obviously I will still continue my other two), and I wanted to know if you guys would be interested. I don't think updating times will be affected too much, since I'm updating slower anyways lol (I'll try to fix that). Also, do you guys ship Zhuiling (Sizhui x Jin Ling) or no?