Chapter 27

And thus, Wei Ying became as busy as a mother with a newborn.

Originally, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying had intended on splitting the work. When Lan Zhan was busy, Wei Ying would take care of the baby, and when Wei Ying was busy, Lan Zhan would take care of the baby. But unfortunately for Wei Ying, Lan Zhan turned out to always be busy.

If Lan Zhan was not teaching a group of students, he would be going on night-hunts or doing other "hot-husband stuff", as Wei Ying called it. On the other hand, Wei Ying, not having a former job in Cloud Recesses, used to be almost always free to do whatever he wanted. So thus, Wei Ying was nearly always the one coaxing baby Yanli, while Lan Zhan rarely got a few glances at her a day.

However, this impacted both of them too. Wei Ying had grown used to taking care of baby Yanli all the time, and even when Lan Zhan was off work, he would be the one taking care of her. 

"You've had a busy day. I can tuck her to bed. It's not a big deal, Lan Zhan. You need to rest. Go take a steaming bath or something, I'll be back soon," he would say everytime, giving Lan Zhan a peck everytime. But everytime, 'soon' would turn out to be 30 minutes to an hour, as baby Yanli was scared of the dark, and insisted that Wei Ying stayed with her until she fell asleep while tugging on his finger.

Now Lan Zhan was extremely unhappy by this. One day, after Wei Ying had an exceptionally rough day with her, he came back into Jingshi, tired and ready to go to bed with his husband. 

"Lan Zhan, I'm back!" he whispered. By this time, Lan Zhan was usually already in bed. But today, he had kept a light on, and was sitting on the bed. 

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying asked curiously. "Why are you still up? It's past curfew. Go to sleep." Lan Zhan shook his head. "No." Wei Ying frowned. "Is something bothering you?" he asked, sliding next to him and gently caressing his hand. Lan Zhan nodded slightly. Wei Ying pouted.

"My Lan Zhan, what could be bothering you?" he asked, leaning closer to him. Lan Zhan pointed at Wei Ying. "You," he said. Wei Ying slung his arm around Lan Zhan's neck.

"I'm bothering you? Tell me, what am I doing that is bothering you?" he whispered. Lan Zhan looked away, almost as if he was embarrassed. Wei Ying immediately started smiling, and began teasing him.

"My my, Hanguang-Jun. Getting embarrassed again? Come on, just tell me!" he grinned, leaning even closer to squish his cheeks. Lan Zhan turned away again. Sensing that something really was bothering him, Wei Ying retreated and tried to approach him more seriously.

"Lan Zhan, I'm just kidding. Tell me, what am I doing? I don't want to see you sad," he said. After a long silence, Lan Zhan finally spoke up.

"You're too busy," he said quietly. "You don't spend enough time with me anymore." Wei Ying was startled by the sudden statement. All this time, he thought that he was doing the right thing, taking all the pressure off of Lan Zhan by taking care of Yanli.

Wei Ying slowly wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan, and buried his head into Lan Zhan's white robes.

"Oh my dear Lan Zhan," he sniffed. "I'm sorry. Do-do you want to do something tomorrow? It's already past curfew tonight." Lan Zhan hugged him back tightly. 

"Today," he said. Wei Ying blinked. "But Lan Zhan, it's already past curfew. We'll get in trouble." Lan Zhan shook his head. "Today," he insisted once again, proceeding to press his mouth onto Wei Ying's so Wei Ying could no longer protest. 

It had been a while since they had kissed so intensely. Wei Ying could feel Lan Zhan's tongue exploring all around his mouth, and he proceeded to use his as well to explore Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan started using so much force that they both toppled over onto the bed. Wei Ying wrapped his legs around Lan Zhan's body, and separated their mouths momentarily to catch his breath. A strand of saliva stretched from Lan Zhan's mouth to Wei Ying.

"Lan Zhan, I love you so fucking much," he breathed, wrapping his legs even tighter around Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan placed his hands on Wei Ying's face, and brought it closer to his own face. 

"I missed you," Lan Zhan whispered, hugging him tightly. Wei Ying kicked his legs under Lan Zhan's robes, and felt the muscles of Lan Zhan's legs against him.

"I missed you too," Wei Ying whispered back. "I promise I'll spend more time with you," he said, lunging in closer for another kiss. The bottom part of Lan Zhan's robes had already been kicked up by Wei Ying, and they rolled around on the bed, getting more and more intense. Lan Zhan seemed to be in his own world, sucking on Wei Ying's lips until they were as red as a tomato. His tongue was playing intensely with Wei Ying's tongue, until Wei Ying couldn't take it anymore, and kicked him gently. 

"Lan Zhan?" he groaned weakly. Lan Zhan's bloodshot eyes opened. "Thanks to you, my mouth is all swollen," Wei Ying moaned.  Lan Zhan bit his lip nervously.

"Sorry," he said, looking down, almost as if he was ashamed of himself. Wei Ying smiled, and cupped his face with his hands. "Lan Zhan, you're so cute! Don't be sorry!" he said, stroking his cheeks gently. "I didn't realize how much I missed you. Even though we see each other all the time...it's not the same," he said. 

"Lan Zhan," he continued. Lan Zhan looked up. "Yes?" he asked. Wei Ying smiled, and collapsed into Lan Zhan's arms. 

"Thank you,"