Chapter 4

When Lan Zhan woke up, Wei Ying was gone. Again. Lan Zhan grumbled and rolled around. He probably went to go find some food. Lan Zhan thought. He'll be back.

          But even after Lan Zhan got out of bed, Wei Ying was still gone. Hmm...where could he have gone? I'll go ask someone. As he stepped out of the room, rubbing his eyes, he ran into Sizhui.

          "Sizhui! Have you seen Wei Ying?" he asked. Sizhui gave him a panicked look. "Oh no, you don't know where he is either! I've been trying to find him all morning!" Lan Zhan furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" Sizhui nodded. "Earlier, Jingyi and I saw Jiang Cheng! Jiang Cheng wanted to talk to Wei Wuxian, so they, went outside to talk together. We never saw Wei Wuxian ever since, and never saw him since!" Lan Zhan's face turned pale. "What. You are serious, right?" Sizhui nodded vigorously. "Of course." Shoot. I have to go find him. Lan Zhan thought. He quickly scurried out to scan Cloud Recesses.

-

          "Wei Ying! Wei Ying! WEI YING!" Lan Zhan yelled in a panicky voice. "WEI WUXIAN." he screamed. "WHERE ARE YOU." Lan Zhan had been roaming around Cloud Recesses for nearly an hour. He sauntered back into the Main Hall. Sizhui and Jingyi, who had been helping him search, both shook their heads. Lan Zhan crumpled onto the floor. "Why..." he said with a teary face. "What the hell could Jiang Cheng have said to him." Jingyi patted him on his back. "There must be somewhere you haven't checked. Did you check the Back Mountain?" Lan Zhan shot up from the ground. "I'm officially the stupidest person ever. Thank you, Jingyi." he said, before running out of the Hall.

          When Lan Zhan arrived at the Back Mountain, he indeed saw Wei Ying, who was lying in the grass with a bunch of bunnies on him and Lil' Apple besides him. He could hear him humming. "Life is against me, my brother hates me, my lover hates me, doodoodoodoo, I wanna go die now." Horrified, Lan Zhan yelled out. "Wei Ying!" Wei Ying turned around. "Oh. It's you." he said, and turned back to his bunnies. Lan Zhan immediately knew something was wrong. He rushed over to sit beside him. "Wei Ying, tell me what's wrong." Wei Ying petted the bunnies. "Its okay, I understand. Jiang Cheng already told me." Lan Zhan gave him a confused look. "What did Jiang Cheng tell you." Wei Ying squished a bunny's cheeks. "Oh, just how much you guys all hate me. He went into another rant about Yanli, and also about how you secretly didn't like me at all. He said the Grandmaster had already gotten you an arranged marriage, and you actually liked the girl a lot. I don't know why you didn't tell me, and chose to break my heart instead." A small tear began to drip down from Wei Ying's eyes.

          "I really liked you," Wei Ying continued. "I liked you to the point I would be willing to kill everyone in this world just for you. I liked you to the point that I could kiss you for forever. And I thought you liked me back like that, I truly did. I didn't think you would go around and break my heart like that." A new tear started dripping down from Wei Ying's other eye. Lan Zhan reached over to kiss his tears away, but Wei Ying slapped him. "Don't go near me, and stop acting." Lan Zhan looked at him with disappointment in his eyes. "Wei Ying, do you really believe what Jiang Cheng said?" Wei Ying looked at him defensively. "Of course I do. He's my brother." "But he stood on the opposite side during the Massacre at Nightless City. He stood on the opposite side of you, no, of us at the Demon-Subdue Palace. Wei Ying, think through this carefully. What Jiang Cheng said was absolute bullshit, and Grandmaster never set me up in any arranged marriage. Think through this carefully Wei Ying." Tears were also starting to form in Lan Zhan's eyes. The two looked at each other's wet eyes, before Wei Ying finally let out a sigh.

          "I'm sorry Lan Zhan. I don't know what to do though. Why would Jiang Cheng tell me that?" he said, burying his face into Lan Zhan's lap. "I'm sorry for doubting you. But I don't think Jiang Cheng would tell me something that terrible for no reason." Lan Zhan patted him on his back. "Let's go back first. We can discuss in our room. Also, Sizhui and Jingyi, its about time you guys show yourself." Two timid faces peeped out from the bushes. "We're sorry Hanguang Jun. We didn't mean to eavesdrop." said Sizhui. "Yeah, we just wanted to see if Wei Wuxian was here." added Jingyi. Lan Zhan dipped his head. "Very well. As long as you don't spread the word about this, you are pardoned." 

          The four of them started walking back towards the Main Hall. When they arrived, Grandmaster was waiting for them, Jiang Cheng besides him. Behind Jiang Cheng was an unfamiliar face of a maiden. Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan. "I don't know what's going on." mouthed Lan Zhan. Wei Ying just silently stared at him. 

          Grandmaster cleared his throat. Lan Zhan stared at him. "Lan Wangji." he boomed. Lan Zhan bowed. "Yes, Grandmaster?" he said. Grandmaster turned his glance to Wei Ying.

          "Wei Wuxian needs to leave Cloud Recesses. Immediately."