Chapter 1

Lan Zhan wandered around town, carrying Wei Ying in his arms like a baby. He found an inn nearby, and sauntered in.

          "Can we have two rooms, or one room with two beds?" he asked. The person behind the counter shook his head. "Apologies, we're all full. We do have one room left, but there's only one bed in it." Lan Zhan was too tired to walk around while carrying a grown man, so he agreed to it.

          Lan Zhan walked into the room. It was quite small, but the bed looked like it could fit two people. He gently put Wei Ying down on the bed and kissed him again. "Should I tell him I like him..." Lan Zhan thought to himself. He shook his head. "What would Grandmaster and XiChen think of you? Get yourself together." Just then, Wei Ying opened his eyes and yawned.

          "Where am I?" he asked. Lan Zhan glanced at him. "It was getting dark, and you fell asleep, so I carried you to an inn." Wei Ying shot up from the bed. "Lan Zhan! I told you not to carry me around! I'm a grown man, its so embarrassing. I bet people were staring." Wei Ying said, making a pouty face. Lan Zhan sighed. "What did you want me to do then, leave you there?" he asked, and promptly squished Wei Ying's cheeks. Wei Ying could feel his face getting hot. He looked around the room.

          "Why is there only one bed in this room? Where is the other one of us going to sleep?" he asked. "This was the only room left. I'll sleep on the ground." Lan Zhan said. Before Lan Zhan could settle himself on the cold, wood floor, Wei Ying dragged him up onto the bed.

          "Its okay, this bed is big enough for both of us to sleep in. You don't mind sleeping with me, do you?" Wei Ying said with a flirtatious look on his face. Lan Zhan's face turned slightly red, but he was too tired to argue. The second Wei Ying pulled the covers over their body, Lan Zhan felt his eyelids drooping. But he wanted to ask Wei Ying something.

          "Wei Ying, do you like anyone?" he asked. Wei Ying looked at him, surprised. "Why do you ask?" "Just curious." Lan Zhan replied. Wei Ying traced his finger around Lan Zhan's face.

          "Well then, to answer your question; yes I do. Do you?" Lan Zhan nodded slightly. "I do," Wei Ying grinned. "Who knew that stone-faced Lan Zhan would fall in love?! What a surprise! Describe her to me. Is she pretty? What clan? How old? Who are her parents?" Lan Zhan looked at him.

          "I'll answer your questions tomorrow Wei Ying, but you have to answer some of mine too." he said. Wei Ying nodded. "Okay. I'll let you sleep now. And uh...thanks for carrying me around town like a baby instead of letting me die on that hill." Lan Zhan stared at him. "Wei Ying...I would never abandon you. Never ever." With that, Lan Zhan's sleepiness took over him.

-

          The next morning, Lan Zhan woke up. Wei Ying was nowhere to be seen. Panic started rising in Lan Zhan. "Wei Ying!" he called out. "Where are you?" Just then, Wei Ying popped his head through the door way. "Right here! Sorry, I went to buy some things." Lan Zhan looked at him with a confused face. "What could you possibly want?" Wei Ying grinned and stepped into the room.

          "This is for you." Wei Ying said, placing an item wrapped in paper. "Open it." Curious, Lan Zhan worked his fingers through the paper to the object."

          "A fan!" Lan Zhan said, surprised. Wei Ying smiled. "Unfold it." Lan Zhan carefully opened the fan. The fan had a picture of several rabbits, as well as two people. On the very top was Wei Ying's signature.

          "Did you draw this?" Lan Zhan asked. Wei Ying smiled shyly. "Yes, I did. Just for you. Do you like it?" Lan Zhan was so overwhelmed, that he couldn't say anything, and pulled Wei Ying into a deep kiss instead. Wei Ying was shocked, but couldn't resist himself from Lan Zhan's soft and warm lips. After a while, Lan Zhan pulled himself away, and tears began welling up. Wei Ying touched his face gently.

          "Lan Zhan...what's wrong?" Wei Ying said gently. Lan Zhan sniffled. "I'm so sorry Wei Ying. I...I...I don't know what I was thinking. Please don't hate me. Because...I've loved you ever since you came to Cloud Recesses. I've liked you for 17 years. When you died, I cried every day and every night, but refused to tell anyone why. I searched for you for as long as I could. I isolated myself from everyone else. I played WangXian every day to calm myself. Wei Ying...you don't know how much you mean to me. You helped me discover the outer world, and...I love you." Lan Zhan said, sniffing into Wei Ying's sleeves. Wei Ying smiled softly. "Lan Zhan...I...I don't know what to say. But why didn't you tell me earlier?" Lan Zhan looked at him, his eyes red from crying. Wei Ying had never seen Lan Zhan cry before, and was slightly scared.

"I was scared I would ruin our relationship. I was scared that if I told you, you wouldn't want to even be friends with me. I would never be able to bear you leaving me forever. And I'm scared about what other would think of me. But mostly, I still am scared that I'm going to get my heart broken, and it'll never heal again." Lan Zhan said, tears starting to stream faster and faster down his face. Wei Ying gave him a small smile.

"Lan Zhan...I want to tell you something. The person I like...is you." Lan Zhan's face froze. He slowly looked at him. "You're lying. It is impossible. You're just trying to make me feel better." Lan Zhan said, his voice cracking with each word. "There's no way you like me." Wei Ying laughed. "Of course its you. You're the only person that stuck with me and didn't turn against me. In the Demon-Subdue Palace, when everyone else turned against me, you were the only one standing next to me. You're the only person that would carry me. After Yanli died...you're the only person that cares about me. You tried to save me from falling off the cliff. And I love you for all those reasons, not to mention that you're the most adorable little bunny ever." Wei Ying said, squishing Lan Zhan's cheeks. "That's payback for yesterday night." he said, chuckling. Then, his face turned serious.

"Lan Zhan, please understand. I really do love you, and I'll never leave you. Ever." And with that, Wei Ying pulled Lan Zhan into a long, deep, meaningful kiss.