Chapter 21

"B-baby sister?" Sizhui stuttered. Wei Ying nodded happily. "Yes!" Sizhui looked at him with a horrified expression.

"How much sex have you guys been having?!" he exclaimed. Lan Zhan frowned. "Sizhui, how do you know about sex?" he asked. Sizhui sighed.

"Hanguang-Jun, I'm growing up. Jingyi has been filling me with some information," Wei Ying sighed. "Jingyi, Jingyi, Jingyi...Anyways, no, this baby is technically not ours. She belongs to a wonderful female named Luo Qingyang. A wonderful woman she is. She is the only female in this world that has brains and..." Wei Ying trailed off as Lan Zhan gave him a sharp glare. He coughed nervously. 

"Anyways, we found this baby in the river. And we thought that we couldn't possibly leave a little baby there unattended!" "You thought," Lan Zhan muttered. "I never said anything," Wei Ying frowned slightly at Lan Zhan. Why was Lan Zhan still being so stingy?

"So...are you guys going to keep her?" Sizhui said awkwardly, trying to release the tension between them. Wei Ying nodded.

"If we can't find Luo Qingyang or her husband, then yes, we will probably take in this child as our own," Lan Zhan nodded as well.

"Mhn. We do what's necessary," he stated. Sizhui looked at the two of them. Wei Ying was stroking the baby, while Lan Zhan was staring at them.

"So...why aren't you guys looking for Lady Luo?" Wei Ying blinked for a second. Lan Zhan looked at him. 

"Yes, we should go," he said, abruptly walking off. Frowning, Wei Ying tried to call him back. "L-Lan Zhan! Don't leave yet! We need a plan..." His voice faded as Lan Zhan sauntered off into Jingshi. He sighed.

"Sizhui, I don't know what's wrong with Lan Zhan. He's been acting really strange all day, and I don't know why," Sizhui stared at him in disbelief. How are you still so clueless?!  he thought. Wei Ying looked towards Sizhui, who was staring at him oddly.

"What?" he said innocently. Sizhui sighed, and slapped his forehead in frustration. 

"Can't you tell he's jealous?!" he finally burst. Wei Ying blinked. "No...?" Sizhui was so frustrated that he considered running off and screaming. How could someone be so clueless? Finally, he managed to get himself together and calmly explain the situation to his dad.

"Did you have any special relationships with Lady Luo?" he asked. Wei Ying pondered for a moment. "I saved her from getting a scar on her face. That's the reason I have one on my chest. And...I may have flirted with her in the past. But honestly! Both of us have our own husbands. Why is Lan Zhan still jealous?" Sizhui sighed for the tenth time.

"It doesn't matter that you and Lady Luo both have husbands. Lan Zhan thinks you still have some sort of feelings towards her, whether it be an intimate affection or something more shallow!" Horrified by this news, Wei Ying quickly scurried towards Jinghsi. "Oh nooooo..no...no..." he wailed while running. "Lan Zhan!" Sizhui smiled softly. What interesting parents I have...

Meanwhile, Wei Ying was running frantically to Jingshi, and burst the doors open. "Lan Zhan!" he wailed. Lan Zhan was sitting on the floor, meditating. His eyes burst open when he heard Wei Ying's voice. 

"Wei Ying," he said. "What's wrong?" He had expected some serious news, but instead, Wei Ying collapsed into Lan Zhan's arms. Lan Zhan nearly missed him, and they both crashed onto the floor.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan said sternly. Wei Ying clenched onto Lan Zhan's robes, refusing to let go. "Lan Zhan...just when I thought your personality was starting to get softer and warmer, you become stoic and conservative again," he muttered. Lan Zhan frowned.

"What? Wei Ying, get up. I can't move," Wei Ying refused to get up, and instead clenched even tighter onto the robes.

"I thought you weren't jealous anymore..." Wei Ying sighed. 

"I'm not jealous," Lan Zhan immediately shot back. "Yes you are," Wei Ying replied. "No, I am not. You're not me. How would you know how I'm feeling,"

"Sizhui!" Wei Ying exclaimed proudly. Lan Zhan glanced at him. "Okay, I didn't think you were actually jealous either. But Sizhui insisted that you were," he blabbered. Lan Zhan glared at him. Are you for real?! 

"What kind of person would admit they're jealous?" he finally managed to say. Wei Ying tilted his head. "So...are you jealous or not?" "No," Lan Zhan said, closing his eyes again. "I need to meditate," Before Lan Zhan could say anything else, Jiang Cheng burst into the room. Wei Ying immediately stood up.

"You are not allowed to enter Jingshi!" he bellowed. Jiang Cheng glared at him. "Wei WUXIAN! I hope this rumor of you having another kid is false. You just got married, and you already have two kids? God, Yuqi and I haven't even gotten married yet! Why do you have to beat me to everything, cultivation, academics, archery, even marriage and having kids! Honestly!" Yuqi showed up behind Jiang Cheng and tried to clear the tension.

"You two, stop bickering. Let's just calm down. I'll make you some soup," she said. Wei Ying's eyes suddenly lit up. "Lotus root and pork rib soup!" Yuqi frowned.

"Sorry, I don't know how to make that," she replied. Wei Ying looked down sadly. "Shijie...I miss Shijie..." he suddenly said sadly. Jiang Cheng froze at the mention of his sister. Yuqi looked at him with a confused expression.

"Your Jiejie is right here!" she said. Wei Ying shook his head. "Not you. My Shijie. The one that would make me lotus root and pork rib soup. The one that would call me A-Xian and XianXian. For a second, the way you spoke reminded me so much of her," he mumbled sadly. Lan Zhan blinked. There was an awkward silence between them, before Yuqi cleared her throat.

"Um...I guess I'll leave now," she said awkwardly. Seeing an opportunity, Jiang Cheng quickly nodded along. "Me too. You guys...can do your stuff," he said, exiting the room and shutting the doors shut. 

The two stared at each other, before Wei Ying started pouting again. 

"I miss Shijie. Lan Zhan, can you call me Xian Xian again? Please?" he whimpered. Lan Zhan sighed softly, and brought Wei Ying's face to his hands.

"Xian Xian..." he said awkwardly. "Tomorrow, we will go look for Lady Luo and her husband. We will bring the baby with us. If we find them, we will return the baby. If not...we can keep her,"