Chapter 8

Lan Zhan was taking a walk around Cloud Recesses before he went to bed. He sighed, holding Wei Ying's red ribbon, and hugged it close. "Wei Ying...you randomly found this ribbon one day. But what you don't know is that I sewed it for you with the finest red silk." he murmured. Just then, a figure came running towards the gate of Cloud Recesses. Lan Zhan pulled out Bichen and pointed it at the figure. "Who is it?" he asked.

          As the moonlight shined onto the figure's face, Lan Zhan slowly lowered his sword. "Jin Ling? What are you doing here?" Jin Ling panted, and held his hand up. "I...Wei Ying...critical condition...Jiang...Cheng...fought...Wei Ying...bleeding" he managed to heave out. Lan Zhan's eyes flashed. But before he could speak, another figure came running. Lan Zhan pointed his sword again. "Who are you?" he asked. Once again, after seeing the figure, he lowered his sword. "Wen Ning," he said. "Are you here to tell me about Wei Ying as well?" Wen Ning nodded. Jin Ling gave him a funny look.

          "How do you know what happened?" Jin Ling asked. "I was nearby. Master Wei told me not to come out of my hiding spot though, or else they would have taken me away." Jin Ling snorted. "Good thing you didn't, or else my uncle would definitely have taken you hostage." Wen Ning averted his attention back to Lan Zhan. "Hanguang Jun, Wei Ying is probably unconcious right now. He was barely awake when he told me to come find you. Please. I treated a few of his wounds with some old herbs I found, but it's far from enough. I-" Before Wen Ning could even finish his sentence, Lan Zhan leapt into the air. "Wait for me, Hanguang Jun!" Wen Ning said, scrambling to catch up, leaving Jin Ling alone. Jin Ling sighed. "What great people they are." he muttered.

-

          It was pitch black when Lan Zhan and Wen Ning arrived at Burial Mounds. "Hanguang Jun...will you get beaten when you go back?" Wen Ning asked timidly. Lan Zhan thought for a moment. "If Yuqi realizes why I'm gone, she'll probably manage to stall my time so I can get back. If not...200 lashes." Lan Zhan grimaced. When they arrived at the Demon Subdue Palace, Lan Zhan was in shock. Wei Ying's face had blood all over it. Skin was ripped of and you could see his raw flesh. His arm was in an awkward position, and his leg was so bloody. "What...what happened?" Lan Zhan stuttered. Wen Ning sighed. 

          "Master Wei was always skilled at practically everything. He beat Jiang Cheng in everything. Being constantly beaten, this mustered up a long-time jealousy in Jiang Cheng, and I think Jiang Cheng wanted to get him back for all those times he was humiliated. I don't understand why this harshly either." Flames sparked in Lan Zhan's eyes. "HOW DARE HE! HE WOULD DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING FOR SUCH A CHILDISH REASON. WHAT KIND OF CLAN LEADER IS HE?" Lan Zhan screeched, kneeling next to Wei Ying. He used some of his spiritual energy to heal some of the smaller wounds. But the deeper ones...only time could heal them. Lan Zhan cried on his boyfriend's shoulder. "Wei Ying..." he murmured. As a tear fell from Lan Zhan's eyes into Wei Ying's mouth, Wei Ying stirred. Lan Zhan immediately changed positions. "Wei Ying." he said softly. Wei Ying opened his eyes. "Is that you, Lan Zhan." Lan Zhan's voice trembled. "Yes, it's me." Wei Ying smiled. "Kiss me?" he murmured. Lan Zhan bent over and kissed his mouth. The kiss tasted like blood. "I'm taking you back to Cloud Recesses," Lan Zhan said softly. "Grandmaster can't refuse, considering at your current condition. Plus, you'll get to see your sister." Wei Ying smiled slightly. "I love you." he said. Lan Zhan trembled. "I love you too." he replied.

-

           By the time they were back at Cloud Recesses, nobody had woken up yet. Lan Zhan quietly heaved Wei Ying onto his bed. "Rest well. Let's see what happens tomorrow." he murmured. 

           Soon, morning arrived. Wei Ying woke up with a start. "Where...where am I?" he mumbled. He looked around. Cloud Recesses?! he thought. Did Lan Zhan bring me here? He looked beside him, and there lay a sleeping Lan Zhan. Wei Ying shook him gently.

          "Lan Zhan!" he whispered quietly. "Lan Zhan!" Lan Zhan didn't wake up, but a figure from the other side of the room stirred. Catching this movement, Wei Ying quickly stopped talking. The figure sat up in the bed. To Wei Ying's shock, it was a girl.

          "Yu....Yuqi....Is that you?" Wei Ying stuttered. "Wei Ying..." the girl stuttered back. Tears began to form in her eyes. "It is me! Wei Ying, I-" Before she could go on, Wei Ying leapt out of Lan Zhan's bed and into Yuqi's. "Yuqi...how have you been?" he said, pulling her into a hug. Tears poured from Yuqi's eyes. "I have been fine. But you...you were separated from your boyfriend! And beaten into such a state! Wei Ying, please be more careful; you're my last blood relative." Just then, Lan Zhan woke up. Wei Ying pounced back to Lan Zhan's bed. 

          "My baby!" he squealed, pulling Lan Zhan into a tight hug. Lan Zhan gently pulled him away. "Do not get too physical yet. You're injuries will need a lot of time to heal properly." Wei Ying looked at him with teary eyes, before hugging him again. "Oh, how I have missed you! Lan Zhan, you don't know how painful it was for me, and..." Lan Zhan silenced him with a small kiss. "You need to stop being so physical. Jiang Cheng left nasty wounds on you." Lan Zhan trembled. "If I meet him, I'll-"

          "You'll what?" a voice interrupted. The three figures turned their heads to see Lan Qiren. Lan Zhan stood up. "Grandmaster" he said, bowing. Grandmaster was not having any of this. His expression was extremely serious. "Why did you bring him back?!" he bellowed. "You have a lovely girlfriend. Why do you need him?" "I-Wei Ying's my brother!" Yuqi burst out. Lan Qiren's eyes grew 10 times larger.

          "WHAT?!" he yelled. "Wei Ying's blood relatives should all be dead. That is impossible. Besides, your last name is Li. Don't be foolish." Yuqi trembled. "It's true. We remember each other clearly, and we both thought the other was dead." Yuqi kneeled down onto her knees and bowed. "Please, let Lan Zhan and Wei Ying be together. You don't know-" 

          "You don't know how much trouble that Wei Ying caused! Thank god Jiang Cheng decided to harm him so badly; it's only right." Lan Zhan's eyes were bloodshot. 

          "SO YOU KNEW JIANG CHENG WAS GOING TO BEAT HIM UP UNFAIRLY." Lan Zhan roared. Everyone was shocked; it wasn't everyday that Hanguang Jun lost his temper. "HOW COULD YOU? WEI YING WAS POWERLESS, HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" Anger continued to boil up within him. He glared at Lan Qiren.

          "If you won't let us be together here at Cloud Recesses, then I'm leaving forever!"